Kamikaze pigeons

brooktrout

Most of us naturally take care to be well out of sight while decoying pigeons with a shotgun. Last summer two of us were shooting on a wind layed wheatfield in driving drizzle, visibility was good despite the rain. The birds were coming in consistently, about three or four birds at a time. I walked out into the field to reset a few fallen birds and was amazed to see them still coming in, with some actually landing about 30 yds away. I shot about four while standing out in the open field. The only thing that we can put it down to was the driving rain affecting their vision. I think we shot around 50 birds that morning in about three hours, no great shakes, but interesting all the same.

Kamakazi pigeons!

Thats nothing

Kamakazi squrrles is another matter....

Late one summers eve, i sat in my highseat in serch of victims. When i hear the tell tail scratch of nails, i had an ichy back :blink: About five minutes later it comes again, this time on a tree bhind me. i slowly twist to see the tail flick behind a branch, the squirrle makes it's way to the tree which the lean too is on :unsure: With me init (aiii) (sorry hard to resist). Back to the topic, my eyes went sort of like this ;) and my face like this (noooooo the devil smily has gone) :) as i raised my rifle the bally tree rat crawled down the tree towards me :angry: I squeezed an it landed the gun rest on the seat. What i call arm chair pest control :blink: