Are Teague chokes worth the money???

Marley29

I believe Terror Chokes are the best chokes in the Universe.

They are infinitely superior to Teague, Briley, Carlson, Spectrum, Rhino, Kicks, Mandel, Muller, Trulock, Comp-N-Choke, Jebs, Wad Wizard, Patternmaster, Hastings, Colonial, Indian Creek, Hevi-Shot, Foiles and Angle Porting.

I have written this, so there can be no disputing the "facts". :whistling:

And so you should dear chap now be a good lad run along and play, and lets have no more lip from you.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have muller u2 and u3 in my beretta and use them for skeet/sporting/dtl in fact everything.i did do a test between them and some others i borrowed and came to the conclusion that nomatter what choke i had fitted if i put the lead in the right place none of them are any better than the other,as for are they worth it well if you are happy with them they are.

And i made it clear i dont think they are and gave complete reasons why by way of comparison for the OP.

Teagues are general used in most guns if the gun was origanly

A never fitted with chokes and you want multi chokes.

B, the chokes were originaly fixed and some mupet damaged or did a ham fisted job of reaming them out and the Teagues are installed to rectify the issue or put some choke back in the gun.

C the original choke threads have become damaged to such an extent they can not be repaired and Teagues are fitted to again rectify this fault.

THe op has from what i gather perfectly serviceable Mobil choke tubes in his gun now, My advice took into account he seemed to imply are be asking if teagues would improve his gun, I dont think so and said as such.

He can by any number of perfectly suitable chokes from a great many aftermarket choke manufacturers besides teague.

Many of these available choke will offer him any kind of choke pervformancxe he might require to screw straight into his gun as it is now.

I thought it was sound practical advice myself. And io stand by what i said.

If you dissagree which you clearly do thats your perogotive.

Teague are only £5 more than standard extended Briley and heck of a lot cheaper than fancy titanium Briley or muller.

They screw straight into any of the major gun brands, so I am not too sure why you think they are not worth the money but the other brands including terror are.

Terror chokes have bulging problems on beretta/Benelli Guns which they then blame on the gun manufacturer and offer no warranty as in their eyes it's the barrels fault so not their problem. So I wouldn't recommend them if you have those two makes of guns, if you get a bulged choke and you are on your own.

If you don't think Teague extended chokes are worth the money I am at a loss how you can think any aftermarket choke is worth any money.

A choke is just a metal tube that goes from one constriction to another there are not many ways you can do it differently and has been said what works for cartridge x might not for cartridge y so no one can give a catotgorical it's better or worse for every case.

I have owned teagues they shot no better or worse than the equivalent Beretta ones and mine were cheaper than my Briley ones. If you fancy aftermarket chokes they are worth the money but none of the aftermarket chokes do anything better than the equivalent OME one.

Teague are only £5 more than standard extended Briley and heck of a lot cheaper than fancy titanium Briley or muller.

They screw straight into any of the major gun brands, so I am not too sure why you think they are not worth the money but the other brands including terror are.

Terror chokes have bulging problems on beretta/Benelli Guns which they then blame on the gun manufacturer and offer no warranty as in their eyes it's the barrels fault so not their problem. So I wouldn't recommend them if you have those two makes of guns, if you get a bulged choke and you are on your own.

If you don't think Teague extended chokes are worth the money I am at a loss how you can think any aftermarket choke is worth any money.

A choke is just a metal tube that goes from one constriction to another there are not many ways you can do it differently and has been said what works for cartridge x might not for cartridge y so no one can give a catotgorical it's better or worse for every case.

I have owned teagues they shot no better or worse than the equivalent Beretta ones and mine were cheaper than my Briley ones. If you fancy aftermarket chokes they are worth the money but none of the aftermarket chokes do anything better than the equivalent OME one.

!. they are more money than carlsens or brileys , your agreeing with me then.?

!Thats because it is Berettas Fault not terrors if Beretta had better tollerances on the barrel specs like veretualy every other brand of gun even hatsan. the terrors would have no trouble, its not just terror have trouble with Berettas most turkey and predator choke manufacturers have similar [problems the quality of construction in the Terror is never in question, and in those Berettas that turn out in spec they have no issues, jeff hagar requested accurate measurements drop in the barrel to them or corcasts of the thread areas, so SRM could guarantee their tubes, the uptake was low on this those few that did fail tended to be vocal about the failiure as you would expect, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE REQUESTED TO PROVIDE ACCURATE DIMENSIONS.

Eventualy SRM pulled the plug on Beretta and Benelli guns altogether.

! so again you are agreeing they are no worse or better than std Beretta chokes, So my advice to the OP not to buy teagues as they are nothing special is thus upheld by this statement.

His chokes are fine his threads not damaged teagues are no worse or no better. Job done. Teagues are nothing special.

timps - I have to agree. I expect Tony will not. There are just too many variables to pronounce that one choke is the best.

Expect some patronising comments about "if only you knew about the Dark Side - Terror Chokes"

BEST where is the best coming in to this, BEST AT WHAT?

Your way off topic now, at least terrors were included by me to outline a type of choke that was a bit SPECIAL unique in its construction design and overall constriction.

How many Teagues Run .655 constriction in a 12 bore and can shoot steel or anything.

Terrors are not the best at a lot of things, but what they are good at not very much gets near then and certainly no teague.

TONY R - just drop it. You haven't convinced me or anyone else, I suspect.

I admire the way that you blindly accept faulty Berettas, without any proof - priceless.

I love the "way off topic" comment. I think you have cornered that market.

PS - that should be "you're".

Edited by Gordon R

TONY R - just drop it. You haven't convinced me or anyone else, I suspect.

I admire the way that you blindly accept faulty Berettas, without any proof - priceless.

I love the "way off topic" comment. I think you have cornered that market.

PS - that should be "you're".

I admire the way that you blindly state this without any proof - priceless.

The evidence is all over the WWW and on the SRM site, its not a secret.

Dont see what you are trying to say but it sounds loaded as i strongly suspect you are most of the time..

Yet more evidence should any be needed for my above statement.

!. they are more money than carlsens or brileys , your agreeing with me then.?

!Thats because it is Berettas Fault not terrors if Beretta had better tollerances on the barrel specs like veretualy every other brand of gun even hatsan. the terrors would have no trouble, its not just terror have trouble with Berettas most turkey and predator choke manufacturers have similar [problems the quality of construction in the Terror is never in question, and in those Berettas that turn out in spec they have no issues, jeff hagar requested accurate measurements drop in the barrel to them or corcasts of the thread areas, so SRM could guarantee their tubes, the uptake was low on this those few that did fail tended to be vocal about the failiure as you would expect, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE REQUESTED TO PROVIDE ACCURATE DIMENSIONS.

Eventualy SRM pulled the plug on Beretta and Benelli guns altogether.

! so again you are agreeing they are no worse or better than std Beretta chokes, So my advice to the OP not to buy teagues as they are nothing special is thus upheld by this statement.

His chokes are fine his threads not damaged teagues are no worse or no better. Job done. Teagues are nothing special.

Not agreeing with you at all as the cost difference for the Op for the cheapest extended is £39 for Briley, £42 for Teague and £44.60 for Carlson so the most expensive is Carlson. If you then go for the recommendation of Muller you made later on they are even more expensive. The Briley's and Carlson's can be even more expensive than the most expensive Teague's as well if you go for their 'special' chokes.

My assumption reading through your posts is that you assumed that all Teague's needed to be re-threaded hence the concern about costs compared to the others.

The problem I have is you said Teauge were not worth it but other chokes that are more expensive such as Muller and Carlson are so no I am not agreeing with you at all. Lets be honest the £3 difference between the Briley's is not going to change anything either. If you had said aftermarket chokes are not worth it full stop and left it at that I wouldn't have said a thing but you recommended others instead that were either slightly more expensive, a lot more expensive or near as can be the same price.

Regarding the terror chokes they mustn't have got the memo as they are still selling them for Benelli/Beretta on their website. It's irrelevant whose fault it is they are selling a product that is not compatible with those guns, they know that and put a disclaimer hidden away if it breaks it's buyer beware. That's not what I would call a responsible company.

Anyway I digress having owned a full set of Muller chokes I bought 2nd hand and did fairly extensive tests knowing I could sell them on for what I paid for them they didn't do anything special either so were sold.

My view is no choke brand is special, but if you like them and have confidence in them they are worth it but that's about it.

Edited by timps

You have the last word on this,your just to stupid or imature or both to grasp the vine on this one. so good day sir.

Enjoy your own importance Moderation has protected you nicely.

oh dear.....when experienced folk like Timps & Gordon express opinions I have concluded over the years these are 2 experienced shots who have shot a bit..equally in posts they add a balanced/sensible view. Now Tony R I do not know anything about you but it feels like you too are experienced but i have never seen such a blinkered/tunnelled view on a topic with a most thick skinned attitude to alternative views on a topic lets face it which is so 'unscientfic'..I am sure you will stick to your terrors and good luck to you.But to blindly slam the door in the face of knowledgeable folk,posting perfectly reasonable comments appears to me your blinkers are too tight...(probably like your chokes).good day.

dougall - thanks for the kind comments - the balanced / sensible bit probably applies more to Timps. :)

TONY R - can we call a halt? I am not convinced by your reasoning, but accept Terror Chokes have many fans and mainly enjoy a good reputation. They also appear to have warranty issues, but we are never likely to agree.

dougall - thanks for the kind comments - the balanced / sensible bit probably applies more to Timps. :)

TONY R - can we call a halt? I am not convinced by your reasoning, but accept Terror Chokes have many fans and mainly enjoy a good reputation. They also appear to have warranty issues, but we are never likely to agree.

On anything ever by the looks of it.

Edited by TONY R