Xbox 360 or PS3

fortune82

I've got both, I only really use the PS3 as a blu-ray player. However Gran Turismo 5 is coming out in November... maybe (it's been delayed many times already) so that's going to be a big positive. However the 360 has Forza which is very good. Call of Duty is available on both and IMO that's the best FPS if you want to play online with people. 360 has the better online service with Live but you have to pay for it. PS3 online isn't so good but it's free.

If you want it just for games I'd go for the 360, that's what I buy most of my stuff on. If you want it to be a whole media hub and you're interested in blu-ray then go for the PS3.

Go for the x box mate. PS3 is a way over rated blu ray player. The X Box online capabilities are loads better and although you have to pay for x box live, you always get a game, where as the PS3 online gaming is free but you can hardly get on it to play it. X box games are a lot cheaper to buy as well. Where as PS3 are nearly always top dollar for them. Graphics are near enough 50/50 when comparing the 2 consoles. IMHO X box would suit you fine if you just want to game.

PS3 every time :unsure:

Quieter

Chargeable controllers so no need for batteries.

Doesn't die due to being an inferior Microsoft product

Free online gaming instead of lining Bill Gates' pockets even further for the pleasure

Blue Ray player

Controllers that fit in your hand even if you are not an ogre.

EDIT: I have both and the Xbox has only been switched on twice since I've had it, just not a nice machine IMO

Edited by 955i

XBOX for me dude, all my mates have got xbox and we all play online COD MW2!!! add me boys, JIM THE GUVNOR, sister has a ps3 and its the same as when the xbox came out 2/3 years ago but with a blue gay player, and its alot cheaper, more games than PS3 and cooler!

Yes the xbox gets my vote!

Justin lives... if anyone wants to add me..dont mind getting ripped up on COD now and then..lol

Will be looking out for you two ha haha .........thought it was only me that enjoyed shooting the **** out of people on them things .

Ps mine is airs400 :blink: bring it on

Go for the x box mate. PS3 is a way over rated blu ray player. The X Box online capabilities are loads better and although you have to pay for x box live, you always get a game, where as the PS3 online gaming is free but you can hardly get on it to play it. X box games are a lot cheaper to buy as well. Where as PS3 are nearly always top dollar for them. Graphics are near enough 50/50 when comparing the 2 consoles. IMHO X box would suit you fine if you just want to game.

I have a Ps3 and I think it is great, I have never had much trouble getting online, dont know where that idea came from.

I get very bored with games but cod 5 mw2 is very addictive, I have waisted sooooo much time playin that game lol

As per the title whats the pros and cons of each?

As the nights draw in I feel a must have purchase looming!

It would mainly be shoot em up games and maybe a few racing games.

PS3 we have 2 in our house free on line and no red ring of death (had 2 xboxs and both had the ring they are **** in my eyes