Next years PW charity shoot.

MM

Any ideas? Have we managed to convince Chard to run it yet as Northern Capt? Or will ME do the honours? I dont mind sorting the raffle with a bit more notice for next year. Anybody got a adate in mind?

Only ask so ive the best chnce of getting the day off work as well.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see how another one is received. :shoot:

I think the atmosphere on here is significantly worse than it used to be and I can't help wondering if it is an unfortunate by-product of that day.

Everybody enjoys good-natured banter, but there has been endless adolescent gloating and some simmering bad feeling under the surface. I remember some of the schoolboy comments in the run-up to the day about beating the filthy Northerners etc, which I thought were getting close to the mark, and since the day, it has gone from bad to worse. Many of the best humoured and popular posters in the clay section, just don't post about their clay shooting any more and the forum is all the poorer for it (in my opinion).

There is a world of difference between good-natured banter and needle and gloating. I think there are those that could do with swatting up on that difference, some just don't seem to know where to draw the line.

Of course, there may be no connection at all between the charity day and the current situation with the forum, but I will take a lot of convincing otherwise. :unsure:

It would be nice to be proved wrong.

doubt very much that anyone is coming down from john o groats though. plenty from south coast :unsure:

Thats fair enough but Telford from the north east let alone the borders etc is a pig of a run on a good day, surely there must be some decent grounds near the A1 or M1 that would give a decent run to all?

cheers KW

Hodnet is closer to geordieland than it is to my house,

I still made it this time around and would do again.

Oh and Chard,

You are talking **** sonny :unsure: :shoot::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was that banter or abuse?

Edited by MC

I think the atmosphere on here is significantly worse than it used to be and I can't help wondering if it is an unfortunate by-product of that day.

Everybody enjoys good-natured banter, but there has been endless adolescent gloating and some simmering bad feeling under the surface. I remember some of the schoolboy comments in the run-up to the day about beating the filthy Northerners etc, which I thought were getting close to the mark, and since the day, it has gone from bad to worse. Many of the best humoured and popular posters in the clay section, just don't post about their clay shooting any more and the forum is all the poorer for it (in my opinion).

There is a world of difference between good-natured banter and needle and gloating. I think there are those that could do with swatting up on that difference, some just don't seem to know where to draw the line.

Of course, there may be no connection at all between the charity day and the current situation with the forum, but I will take a lot of convincing otherwise. :unsure:

Considering the time and effort many put into that day, I am disappointed to read your post Chard.

The forum has been quieter in all areas recently, not just the clay shooting section. A lot of the Essex lads (myself included) simply dont shoot clays as much as we did, I got my shotgun out on Wednesday for the first time since the Hodnet shoot - and that was for a game shoot.

I have "done my bit" by organising this years charity shoot and tried to keep as many people as happy as possible. It will be interesting to see if any of the people with all the opinions will be stepping up to the mark and taking on the organisation of next years charity shoot.

Considering the time and effort many put into that day, I am disappointed to read your post Chard.

The forum has been quieter in all areas recently, not just the clay shooting section. A lot of the Essex lads (myself included) simply dont shoot clays as much as we did, I got my shotgun out on Wednesday for the first time since the Hodnet shoot - and that was for a game shoot.

I have "done my bit" by organising this years charity shoot and tried to keep as many people as happy as possible. It will be interesting to see if any of the people with all the opinions will be stepping up to the mark and taking on the organisation of next years charity shoot.

Well said I too was disapointed if you cant pull each others leg then whats the point next somebody will say they are off work work with STRESS due to some banter on PW .

Dry your eyes mate spring to mind.

Kind regards OTH and hope I have not offend anybody.

I didnt know that you felt like that Rich. I thought all the banter was in very good humour and a lot of laughs had. Just trying to see what is the interest for next year (if there is one). I think ME did a sterling job on last this years, and it would be great to see his envolvement again. ( no pressure mate :lol: )

Edited by MM

I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about the run up, the day itself, the days afterwards or anything. I reckon it was as near to a text book event as could be.

Indeed, given that there were over 100 people of different backgrounds, each with a strong opinion on any and every subject, the fact that there were no handbags is a credit to the people on here and the people who put the day together.

I could be wrong, but I hope you are in the minority with your view of the how the event went. It was a bit naughty taking a wee wee all over this thread, a thread that was started to discuss next year's event. No one would expect those who found it an ordeal last time to go to the next one - the polite thing to do would be to say "I can't make it that day".

Very strange indeed.

Edited by Mungler

***, i'm not upset by anybody's banter, it's not a question of how I feel about the day. I thought it was a great day and I was on the winning side :lol:

I just cringe sometimes at the continued gloating, which of course is not aimed at me, it's aimed at the South, so I don't need to dry my ******* eyes, now do I :P

I'm not the only one who has made this observation either.

It's just an observation, nothing more. I can't understand why some sensitive wallflowers are getting all hormonal about it :blink:

**** it, it's getting like treading on egg shells round here, every time you open your ******* mouth. I start a thread about Elf and Safety and everybody starts crying and now this. **** off, I'll stick to reading the clay shooting section ;)

Might be an idea to wait until the CPSA release their calendar for next year.

I know a lot of guys don't shoot registered but most bank holidays have largeish registered's on those weekends, I would have loved to do Hodnet this year but had already booked for the English Open ESK @ Doveridge.

Also the accomodation will always be more expensive on a bank holiday and more traffic for the people travelling from the extremes.

Jon.

Jon,

Don't take this personally in any way but **** the CPSA. If they had any interest in clay shooting then they would be reading this to see how clay shoots should be organised.

I had a damn good weekend, a gut full of beer and I shot with some good mates. We had a laugh all the way round and it climaxed on the last stand as anything good should. Sorry Team Norgas :blink: ;):P:lol:

I would be up for the next one, where ever it may be. Chard can even cry on my shoulder if he wants to :P :P :P