Next years PW charity shoot.

MM

Fauxdegla would be great, (if you could guarantee the weather, which you couldn't), and how about Shugborough..??

:good: yer in april / may the weather could be anything from snow to bright sunshine, all the time with wind, and more than likely both and more all on the same day :stupid: :blink:

Edited by Paul223

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that was clear from the obscene text messages I received on the evening before the event whilst supping my mug of cocoa and reading another chapter of the New Testament. :good:

Cat.

:lol:

Disgraceful behaviour :( :( ???

:stupid: :blink: :)

Yes, that was clear from the obscene text messages I received on the evening before the event whilst supping my mug of cocoa and reading another chapter of the New Testament. :blink:

I cannot think where they got your number from :good::stupid:

I had the pleasure of shooting Doveridge with some of the Manc / Cheshire lads and its a nice ground too and well worth considering.

I forgot about texting Cat the night before :good::stupid:

Good suggestion from Mung about swapping guns :blink:

:unsure:EE says that he is working at weekends but I suspect that he is out practising so he can beat me at the next one !

NOPE!!! next time:

Im NOT going to do a 60 hour week leading up to it

Im NOT going to eat kebabs and contract campylobacter again!!!

and im NOT going to drink 15 pints and a few glasses of wine the night before

Well probably not anyway

Most of the above are legitimately confirmed excuses from Mungs magical bag of shooting excuses!!!!

NOPE!!! next time:

Im NOT going to do a 60 hour week leading up to it

Im NOT going to eat kebabs and contract campylobacter again!!!

and im NOT going to drink 15 pints and a few glasses of wine the night before

Well probably not anyway

Most of the above are legitimately confirmed excuses from Mungs magical bag of shooting excuses!!!!

And none of us did that either did we?

Excuses?

No I just shot ****.

Edit,

You always have bad guts anyway, why should that make any difference to your shooting?

Edited by MC

OK, so who is going to do the main organising then? The North (previous victors, the champs, winners, better than the south :blink: ) or the South?

Which ground is going to be used?

Any ideas for a date?

There has been a offer of the North to host and organise next years, but as the south did such a sterling job this year, do they want the task? All this talk of scores and whatever seems to distract from the main cause. The ground should be of average difficulty, and if the big hitters dont want to play, thats fine. If they do, they will straight every stand. (if they dont, get ready for a ribbing :good: ). I never went this year with the intention of making a big score, just to have a giggle and meet the good folk of PW. I only compete with myself, and thats the way to do it. :stupid:

As for another ground, yes, Keggy is a non starter due to lack of facilities, I'm not a great fan of Sporting Targets which is basically a flat field with a few earth mounds, but, on the plus side, does have a good size clubhouse and friendly management, but it's a bitch to get to from the South, being miles from the M1.

Fauxdegla would be great, (if you could guarantee the weather, which you couldn't), and how about Shugborough..??

I think for ease of access, Doveridge would take a lot of beating, probably 75% of those taking part would never have shot there before, it's got to be worth considering...?? :good:

Cat.

Can't agree with Llandegla, oops sorry Fauxdegla, targets & facilities are good but the weather problems are a definate issue and for my mind it's so far off the beaten track to be a non-starter.

Shugborough would be a good call, very nice ground, good targets but clubhouse is full with 12 people in!!!

Doveridge is a good call, about equdistant from Jnc 24 of the M1 and Jnc 15 or 16 of the M6 (about 20 minutes) good targets, very good facilities but, and this will apply to other grounds as well, unlike WMSG we wouldn't have exclusive use of the ground. Most, if not all, of the grounds mentioned are open for practise to the whole world on a Saturday and I don't think the day would be the same if we had to share it with those unlightened souls who aren't on Pigeon Watch. As an example Worsley Grange aka Manchester something or other is absolutely bombed out every Saturday with both practise shooters and stag/corporate type functions.

Glancing at the map, that Sporting Targets looks pretty central, if not geographically then certainly central to the major population centres. If they could provide exclusivity that would get my vote at the moment.

Mr Potter

I'll definitely try to be there wherever it is.

I would agree with almost everything Mr Potter has said.

I would think the best way to score the day is EVERYONE'S score counts.

If we look at the averages for the 2010 shoot they were: North 61.05 and South 59.25 a much closer result than the top ten scores would indicate. I think that if everyone knows that their score counts towards the final figure it would make them feel more 'involved'. I'm sure there were a lot of people who knew they wouldn't make the top 10 of their team, surely doing it this way everyone would be involved in the winning/losing?

Thoughts?

I'd agree entirely, I'm an occaisional clay shooter and not likely to make it into the top 10 but would

like to feel part of the competition.

An alternative would be to have a couple of different comps...

1) Top 10

2) Next 20

3) The rest

The side which wins 2 out of three trophies wins the day.

Nial.

Keep yer knickers on MC :lol: hodnet is not on my doorstep, catton is so much closer, Llandegla would be better, and then we could really show you some rain, wind and hard to hit clays ;) :yp:

anyway I thought the deal was for the north to organise for this year :drool: ( tis the reason for mm starting the thread i thought)

might just end up at spennymoor :ernyha:

Can pete the geek do an interactive map where we can pin our whereabouts to get a better idea

If Catton hall could be persuaded to hold the event that wouldn't be a bad idea :hmm:

Great club house ( hold 100 + ) , good targets , just off the motorway , 15 mins off the M6 .

Before any jumps on me it was just a thought :P

If Catton hall could be persuaded to hold the event that wouldn't be a bad idea :ernyha:

Great club house ( hold 100 + ) , good targets , just off the motorway , 15 mins off the M6 .

Before any jumps on me it was just a thought :drool:

Sounds like a plan. Not everybody will be happy, regardless of where its held, so lets get going.

I would also like to add that the customer service at Sporting Targets is second to none, they even serve tea and coffee in cups with saucers.

For the benefit of the northerners this is what a cup and saucer is

C17-a.Ridgeway%20cup%20and%20saucer%2038kB.jpg

They also cleaned our guns after shooting in heavy rain.

And also as for Fauxdegla being easier to get to than Sporting Targets can I suggest this?

TomTom_ONE_XL_001.jpg

Edit,

Arh yes the pub down the road and the steak, they also do a good vegetarian option. They leave the meat off the plate :ernyha:

Edited by MC

If Catton hall could be persuaded to hold the event that wouldn't be a bad idea :hmm:

Before any jumps on me it was just a thought :lol:

Seconded :drool:

Only because I could do with the extra hour in bed due to being a lazy *** :ernyha:

I really enjoyed Hodnet it was a great day and I shot with a great squad.

I will be coming to the next one wherever its held at and intend to enjoy that one as well.

If you wanted an interesting handicap system, we should all swap guns on the day. So, if I brought a pump action then that would be swapped with someone else, who in turn might have brought a hammer gun. As long as all the guns are in proof, legal and can fire two shots on the trot then it could be a grin.

As long as i dont get the Kreighoff with the very heavy chokes, I dont want to be too tired half way round!!! :ernyha::drool::hmm: