First Light (Geoffrey Wellum)

Markio

i wanna download it but my i player keeps asking me to upgrade and when i do it asks me to do it again so i will have to watch it online :blink:

im getting the same...iv only just got this laptop so it shouldnt need upgrading...stoopid technology!

The book is brilliant so il keep trying to download it.

I sky+ it, watched it the another day. Quite honestly say it is one of the best pieces on the tv in a some time.

I read the book a year or so ago a great read, Geoff Wellum lives not that far from me, might go and by him a large gin and tonic and see if he can sign my book. One of the few great heros still with us.

A great programme, about a great guy...I'd love to meet the man, and buy him dinner....a real hero.... :yes:

The prog gave me an insight into what "they" went through durng that time....my uncle Jackie Reid volunteered in Sept 1939 for the RAF, and joined the RAFVR as a pilot trainee...... he was involved in a small way in the Battle of Britain.. he flew Hurricanes..tho' he was still being trained ...his last Sqdn was 605, County of Warwick...an Intruder Sqdn on Mossies, it was in one that he was killed 3 weeks after D day....he was 23, his co-pilot Phillips was 21...

Seemingly, and according to my grandfather, they got a box of earth to bury!!

Such a scarifice.... :sick: