Beretta ES100 Semi

Marley29

tried one in the shop today,didn't like it,it's old tech and felt it TBH,Barrel heavy £750 for a repackaged old but at one time obviously good gun,but you can do better nowerdays for not a lot more money or a lot better for a used item for less money

i agee with retromic,looks cheap and must be the worst fitting auto ive picked up,for that sort of money you could pick up a sx3,or push the boat out and get a maxus,best auto ive owned.

Any other feedback from ES100 oweners? I'm considering one of these along with the Benelli M2. Is the Benelli worth nearly twice the money?

i was in Country ways about a month ago and they were selling a Benilli M2 for around £820.

About 6 months ago i went in there to buy a maxus or an A400,spent an hour playing around with them both,Got an A400,he says he's sold loads of them.I didn't buy mine from him as a good S/hand one came up.

interestingly i spoke to the shop owner today ,while looking at the ES100 and he has every varient of the maxus all barrel lenths and camo etc.,and he said he has not sold a single Maxus and he's selling them at about £950.

It's must be a regional thing as I know from on here that they are a well liked gun

I had been looking for a Franchi Fast, as my intention was to trade my HMR, which I had rarely used this year, due to taking on a night shift. Most of the stuff I shot with the HMR, produced better bags at night.

As I already have an O/U, a Gas Semi and a Single, I thought I'd try an Inertia Semi. The dealer I use who I am on first name terms with, good bloke too, said on the phone that he had a Raptor and a Fast, so off I went.

Now I don't keep up to date with gun names and numbers, if it is good value, fits and feels right, is ok to get snowed on, doesn't mind a bit of swimming occasionally, or being run over a few times, and still fires ok, then I will buy it.

I would NEVER buy a B word gun, too much snobbery associated with them, also there are 4 B word guns in the team I shoot with. One, a 2 year old O/U, has peeling blueing on it, another, a Semi, takes ages to fit back together and we think it is a duff one, the 3rd, another O/U is always at the gun smiths because it keeps working loose. 2 have been back under warranty, but are still the same, one has yet to go. The 4th is still fine.

So first he handed me the Raptor. Nope, silver action, didn't even mount it, I didn't want anything that flashed in the sunlight. Then he handed me the Fast.

I was surprised to see that it had black plastic furniture, as I was expecting wooden, which was excellent considering the use it would get. It was super light and came up nicely, all in all a good fit. So I examined it closer, and saw that the action was Spanish and the barrel was Italian.

Observing my silence, and confused frown, the dealer said, "now that gun is essentially a Franchi Fast, but is made by Beretta, all in the same area and in the same factories as Franchi. I know you never wanted a B word gun, but that is pretty much what a Franchi is today". "But this one even has "Beretta", written on it" I grumpily exclaimed. "yes, but that one has a ten year warranty too" he retorted.

My mind was racing. "So how much for my HMR and all the kit?" I asked. "Give me your HMR and 450, and the Fast is yours" I said "My kit and 200, 'cos it's a Beretta". He said "400", I said "250", he said "350", I said "300", he said "325", I said OK.

So now I have my first ever B word gun, the ES 100, and my, I feel such a hypocrite, after slagging them off so many times on these pages. My mates will have a field day when they find out, my name will be dirt.

As soon as I get a chance to use it, I will post a totally unbiased review on here... Fnar fnar...

Edited by Jim Sarakun

So now I have my first ever B word gun, the ES 100, and my, I feel such a hypocrite, after slagging them off so many times on these pages. My mates will have a field day when they find out, my name will be dirt.

As soon as I get a chance to use it, I will post a totally unbiased review on here... Fnar fnar...

I'm confused the Franchi Fast isnt an ES100 is it? I thought it was based on the Benelli (different B word) inertia system

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_9_51/ai_n14816187/

By B word do you mead italian B word? or Belgian B word as well?

the Franchi i fast and "i 12 inertia "in the u.s.has the same workings as the Benelli m2,i.e.rotating bolt,the inerta operates a bit different on the Franchi,it uses a spring that slides over the magazine tube as opposed to the Benelli which uses a rod and spring in the stock.I think They both share the same barrels too.On a recent visit to the u.s.a Franchi i12 sporting only cost $700 and they will give you a $100 mail in rebate :good: the same shop would do a Beretta urika 2 gold for $1200,why do we get ripped off?

Edited by officerdibble777

I'm confused the Franchi Fast isnt an ES100 is it? I thought it was based on the Benelli (different B word) inertia system

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_9_51/ai_n14816187/

By B word do you mead italian B word? or Belgian B word as well?

That I do not know HDAV, though I am sure some one on this site will soon make it all clearer. officerdibble777 has explained the workings a bit better than I could.

I was after an Inertia Semi, and that is what I got.The Fast and the ES100 sharing many parts, weighing and feeling about the same, made in the same place, made me think either one would be ok.

The completely black ES100, durable plastic and 10 year warranty sold it to me, over the Fast, which has wooden furniture and a shorter warranty.

I did look through gun trader, after the event, bit stupid I know, to check whether I had goofed or not, and it would appear that the Fast, at most dealers, is also £100ish, more in cost.

The Italian B word has been my direction of ridicule in the past. Eat my words now though eh?

Edited by Jim Sarakun

That I do not know HDAV, though I am sure some one on this site will soon make it all clearer. officerdibble777 has explained the workings a bit better than I could.

I was after an Inertia Semi, and that is what I got.The Fast and the ES100 sharing many parts, weighing and feeling about the same, made in the same place, made me think either one would be ok.

The completely black ES100, durable plastic and 10 year warranty sold it to me, over the Fast, which has wooden furniture and a shorter warranty.

I did look through gun trader, after the event, bit stupid I know, to check whether I had goofed or not, and it would appear that the Fast, at most dealers, is also £100ish, more in cost.

The Italian B word has been my direction of ridicule in the past. Eat my words now though eh?

is the franchi made in the same factory as the es100??? i thought the fast may have been put together in the franchi factory.think from all reports the franchi would be the better gun.

is the franchi made in the same factory as the es100??? i thought the fast may have been put together in the franchi factory.think from all reports the franchi would be the better gun.

I just Googled it, and it would appear that Berretta bought Franchi and own the whole caboodle now, including Bennneli.

Is it really that important though? The pedigree for them all is good, the warranty very helpful, and the choice is now phenomenal.Prices seem to be coming down too, on some models...

I've just noticed that I spell them different each time, but you know what I mean.

Franchi Raptors have made by benelli stamped on the barrel and action,same stock dimentions as my Silver Pigoen I owned and uses the same operating system used on the Beretta A400,although the A400 has moved forward,the only downsides on a Raptor for field work is the silver finish on the reciever,I used camo sticky tape to solve that issue.