Just picked up my new air rifle

Edward

Just picked up my new Wiehrauch HW95K .22, its a thing of beauty, it shoots so smooth and pretty quite with the silencer. :blush:

Tomorrow I will do a bit of zeroing and I have quite a few tins of pellets with 20 or so pellets left in the bottom so I will see which group best and I will post my results :huh:

I have put my Hawke Eclipse 3-9x50 AO IR scope on and I will be fitting my sling tomorrow (bit nervous about drilling my new stock :good: )

Anyway here are some piccys

img0605v.jpg

img0606ki.jpg

Congratulations on your new gun mate ,as for drilling the stock for slings remember to first put a piece of masking tape on the area to be drilled ,this makes it a lot easier to get a good position for your pilot hole .Next little tip before you actually screw the rear sling mount screw into your newly drilled hole put a good amount of vaseline or similar on the screw thread and in the hole ,this not only eases the screw into the stock thus reducing the chances of splitting or damaging the stock ,it also helps protect the stock from any rust damage the screw may develop over time (they all get wet at some point and inevitably start to rust ).

As for zeroing i find that for .22cal sub 12ft lbs, 30yards is about the happy medium as you dont have to use many mil dots either way.

Good luck with your new gun mate you've made an excellent choice.

Edited by Jega

Thanks for that Ill get that on tomorrow :good:

Did some zeroing today, its not quite pellet on pellet because I cant hold it that steady, but I was knocking the knock down down everytime and thats 40mm so that would be one dead bunny.

Here are how a few differnt pellets grouped each had 5 shots a 30yrds. I also Have a few napier pellets with the lube on them to try.

The new napier UPH (£11.49 - 500) is the same pellet as the RWS Superdome (£5.99 - 500) just without the lube. I have one of those sample packs so I will see how they compare tomorrow :lol:

RWS Superdomes ( the one crossed out was an H&N)

img0622x.jpg

Crossman accupells

img0618pa.jpg

AirArms Hunters

img0619ru.jpg

H&N Feild and target trophy

img0620f.jpg

Blue lid (5.56) wasps, they were a bit tight so they dropped a bit but the purples might be quite good

img0621wn.jpg

Hopefully someone might find this useful :lol:

Edited by Edward

Some nice little groups there mate ,especially with a new gun .Give it a couple of tins of pellets to settle everything down a bit and you'll be amazed just how smooth and accurate it will become .

As for getting a steady hold you may find this lttle video clip useful, the positions take a little time to practise but once perfected are brilliant in all situations .

Edited by Jega

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought one of these too. Traded in my Lighting XL for it ;) Can't wait to use it, but didn't realise it was going to be that pellet fussy? Anyone got any strong recommmendations on .22 as I don't really want to be purchasing lots of new tins right now? I am out to a permission tomorrow to Zero then go bunny bashing :unsure: