TRESPASSER

the pelt man

WHAT SHOULD I DO

One of the golf courses that i carry out the pest control on has a Trespasser.

I think he shoots with a 22rim. I watched him and followed him over the back of the course across the Farmers field (that he is not aloud to shoot either), through a small wood back to his house. I found out the name of the road.

When i've walked my dog over the back of the golf course i think i've seen him with an airrifle & shotgun aswell, its a public wood & you must not shoot in there.

This man must have an FAC so must have land to shoot on. so why risk getting spotted Trespassing with a firearm, i think he is also a member of BASC as i think its his green land rover out the front of his house with a BASC sticker.

I think he feels safe as the gardens in that road back on to the Farmers field.

Should i go to where he lives & tell him i know what he is doing or should i go straight to the Police.

He is a risk to me as i dont want to get hit by a .22 or anything else. :<

The Pelt Man

If you don't want to face him then give his details to the Golf Course Manager/owner and let them persue it. If you do want to challenge him then knock on his door and explain the situation and that you have been asked to report any treepass to the Police. Don't loose your cool but if he does get nasty leave and simply contact the Police.

Let us know how you get on.

Agreed, but i would also inform the police, which you can do anonymously. It is in all our interests that our sport is conducted within the law.

If someone were to accidentally fall prey to this person then its not unreasonable to expect an outcry from the house of commons and a repeat of the dunblane stupidy that banned handguns.

Contact the police anonymously, they will then undertake surveillance, with appropriate action following that.

Try and get a pattern if SAFELY possible of his times on the course and pass that on to the rozzers as well. That way they can sit and wait rather than drawing attention to the situation with the blue lights and swat teams.

Might save the golf club some unwanted publicity and earn you some land! :rolleyes:

I'm with devlish dave here - we dont need more scandals.

Drop a letter through his postbox - or just post it saying you know what he's up to - and that if it re-occurs then you will make it official.

I would also make it from an anonymouse well wisher - this time

You wanna have to put up with wot i do on my land.

Bloody dog walkers,everywhere.The landowner does'nt want them on his land but is disabled so dont get into the fields much.

I have tried to politly ask them to leave as they r tresspasing,they just laugh and continue walking there dogs,all over the place.

Some say they didnt know i was there shooting,even though im using a 12g shotgun,not exactley silent r they.

Told one bloke,to get out in a nice way and explained wot he was doin was wrong.his reply was im not doin any harm,so i told him ok,i know where u live,we will come and walk around ur garden,see how u like it to which he said well thats different,wot a ****.....

The best bit is there is a bloody great big park just up the road where they can walk there damm dogs.

some people just have no idea of the consiquences of thier actions, and this person frm the sounds of it should know better.

I have no sypathy for him and you shouold contact the FLO at your local police station in your area to inform them about the actions of this person, give them as much information as possible.

Its people like this that are putting our sport and shooting in general at risk, its hard enough for us to get shooting permision with out people like this spoiling it for us.

personaly i wouldnt approch him my self but if you are out walking your dog and you see him, you could always approach and ask how you would go about getting permison to shoot on the land he is on.

he is not only comitting armed tresspass but also poaching, if he is caught using a car for this he risks loosing that as well!

I hope this gets sorted out mate as its the last thing you want to worry about when you doing you shoot B)

ROB :rolleyes:

Following my post on here i recieved a number of private mails from other users

basically tellin me and the landowner that we are in the wrong.

I have seen owners and dogs causing damage to crops,wildlife and livestock and im sorry it is just not acceptable for me to sit in my hide and say nothing.

I always approach trespassers in a civilised manner,polite and ask them to move on and 9 times out of ten it is them that get obusive.

As i mentioned the landowner is disabled and does not get into the fields often,all arable work is undertaken by contractors and his eyes and ears for wot is happening is from his shooters,there are footpaths in some of the fields which i purposely do not shoot near in respect of walkers etc,but its not good enough for them,they think they have the right to wander all over the place doing all manner of damages.

I will take a hard line on these people,always and it is my duty as a shooter,countryside lover,and good friend of the landowner.

It s the soft line that has got this country into the state that it is in now.

Because one day if the softline is taken,when the farmer cannot grow crops anymore for fear of loosing to much money,livestock problems,and all the other problems caused by trespassers,he might say SOD IT i will sell my land for a housing estate or indutrial units.More english coutryside bites the dust,more wildlife vanishes and yes i loose my shoot.

Personally I would say don't approach this person, you don't know what his temperament is like, I would advise you to phone the police straight away and report the guy for trespassing with a firearm as that should get them there pretty damn quick.

My shooting partner and I had a similar thing happen on the golf course that we shoot on, basically we saw a couple of guys at a distance hiding in a bunker shooting with rifles so we decided to go and have a friendly chat. When we got to them we were explaining that it wasn't the best idea as they didn't have permission and it classed as trespass with a firearm and carries a possible 5 year stretch. At this point we then saw a third guy walking towards us carrying a rifle as well. These turned out to be air rifles but when I think about it now, I know it wasn't a very clever idea as it could have turned very nasty.

When I spoke to the golf club the following morning I was told by them that it wasn't the best idea to approach these guy's and next time just phone the police straight away. The head green keeper was more concerned for our safety than being bothered about someone trespassing with a gun.

police is not my way,i would knock on his door tell him you know what he is doing and to turn it in.

i also would have on me a Dictaphone recording all the conversation. and a witness sat in the motor. if he is a fac holder he wont give you any lip. if on the other hand he is a villain, get a spare motor, and the name of a good double glazer.

police is not my way,i would knock on his door tell him you know what he is doing and to turn it in.

i also would have on me a Dictaphone recording all the conversation. and a witness sat in the motor. if he is a fac holder he wont give you any lip. if on the other hand he is a villain, get a spare motor, and the name of a good double glazer.

But is it worth taking the risk?

we had a problem with tresspassers one night lamping, they were walking ****** through a field back from the village and took some buckshot to the arm as they walked passed a gate,, we didnt realise it had happened till an armed patrol came and nocked on the door the next day and said that thered been a complaint from some1 that they were shot at, now thats not true, we wernt aware of it even happening, the police got abit funny about it, until we said its private land and they had no right being there, and added a 12g isnt exsactly quite, so they should of heard what was going on, we were lucky and the police advised extra vigilance, why sud i have to worry about some ****** kids wandering across my land??

way wrong thing to do, not only is it aganst the law to record a conversation wihtout the other persons consent, but also putting yourself at risk!!!!!!

as i said before speak to the Fire Arms Licencing Officer (FLO) at your local police station, or as has been said before if you see the person actualy comitting the offence of armed tresspass contact the police immidaitly telling them there a guy shooting things on land he has no right to be on. (then get your coke and pop corn ready :D )

If you talk to any one game keepers, green keepers or anyone you have shooting rights with they will give you the same advice (or at least should), if the person has a car that is unatended on private land, let the tyres down (NOT PUNCTURE! thats criminal damage!)

ROB :blink: