TRESPASSER

the pelt man

why sud i have to worry about some ****** kids wandering across my land??

BS10g,

Unfortunately this is the way of the world. Every firearm owner should take necessary vigilance and care. You can never be too careful in my opinion.

You never know who may be behind that bush. It doesn't matter wether they are there legally or not....they would still be dead, and you would be locked up.

i was out on my perr 3 weeks ago and i saw 2 lads with a air gun walking around looking for rabbits, i walk up to them ask if they had perr and they said yes, saw the farmer and he said no they have not,told him next time i see them i will boot them off not seen them since.one of the boys works as a under keeper of a big estate on the x sherrif of somerset.

• 2 weeks later...

way wrong thing to do, not only is it against the law to record a conversation wihtout the other persons consent, but also putting yourself at risk!!!!!!

i would say it still depends on the type of (poacher) you are dealing with.

if he is a fac holder he wont want no old bill, so a word in his ear would do it.

he wont cut up ruff as he knows his permits are up the spout if he does.

if on the other hand he is a out and out villain. then you play it there way.

if you dont want to put yourself at risk then leave it to plod who do very little to late. my dealings with the worst type of vermin are on this forum some where.

if its just one man taking the odd rabbit is it such a big deal.

eerrrrrr, YES.

If I break into your house and steal a £20 note out of your wallet is it o.k. if you still have a few notes left?

You quoted a bit wrong there Snakebite if you new Markbivvy

he never has a £20 note in his wallet never mind more than one. :( :lol::lol::D:):):D

is the area sighed up? some people asume any worn foot route is a public right of way?

its a hard one. my personal approach would be to ask them to leave it private property. giving a full explination

if they refuse. insist you are not joking this is a private area of land and not a right of way. and please leave.

try talking if that does not work, remove them from the said area. even if just to prove a point

i've assuse its the same a most private properitys , shops, pubs and car park. A minuim of three separate attemps should be made before force is used.

It is a hard one to deal with. if that feels too threatening take a photo of them .... nothing upsets people more. if they ask what you want it for the appropret authorities. keep logs and time.

sorry about spelling i'm **** at it

is the area sighed up? some people asume any worn foot route is a public right of way?

its a hard one. my personal approach would be to ask them to leave it private property. giving a full explination

if they refuse. insist you are not joking this is a private area of land and not a right of way. and please leave.

try talking if that does not work, remove them from the said area. even if just to prove a point

i've assuse its the same a most private properitys , shops, pubs and car park. A minuim of three separate attemps should be made before force is used.

It is a hard one to deal with. if that feels too threatening take a photo of them .... nothing upsets people more. if they ask what you want it for the appropret authorities. keep logs and time.

well thats the case for simple tresspasers, but please bear in mind this is ARMED TRESSPASS we are dealing with and as such needs a lot of caution.

ROB ???

eerrrrrr, YES.

If I break into your house and steal a £20 note out of your wallet is it o.k. if you still have a few notes left?

if you break into my house mate you better pray to god i never find you.

and if stopping scum like i have dealt with cost only £20. i would be well pleased.

try having rocks through the window and cars wrecked, before you say yes to a mankie rabbit.

Not quite sure what you are trying to say with the last sentance of your reply but what I was trying to say was that it doesn't matter that it is only the odd rabbit. The bloke has over stepped the mark by commiting armed tresspass. There can be no excuses or grey areas.

You are stating that you don't mind other people commiting a crime as long as it is not to you. I know in the real world things should be put into perspective but at the moment we are essentially fighting to justify our sport and should take the moral high ground if it means we can protect it.

But don't get me wrong I agree with you that you should have every right to shoot a burglar that has entered your property.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say and no offence meant.

The three times attempt, is that a legal thing Coupe312?

LB

:thumbs: It's too late to prove anything so just send him a letter stating that if he trespass's again while armed you will photograph him with nightvision equipent,and send it to plod. This displays that you know who he is - and that you are giving him a shot across his bows rather than dropping him in it without warning.

The ball is then in his court.

And chances are he knows who you are too, and your car tyres get let down, and windows broken, and you and your family risk being harrassed.

Do you think for a moment he will read your kind letter and think....aahhh I'd better stop being a naughty boy then......well he's more likely to think """I 'll show the B@STARD""

Just report it anonymously through the plod........its what they get paid to do.....by us tax payers......

You are stating that you don't mind other people commiting a crime as long as it is not to you.

if i have said this anywhere, Ive said it wrong. what i mean is , is it worth a war for the odd bunny or bird. you cant rely on the cops turning out when you need them. we have had scum trapped in a barn and the old bill never turned out.

on another farm we caught 3 paddy,s filling drums from the diesel tanks, kept them there for 2 hours waiting for the old bill, who let them go later for lack of evidence.if i see a anyone taking the odd bit of fur or feather on land they should not be on, i will tell them face to face, as i dont see this type of person as a big threat.

farm robbers who try to pass them selfs of as poachers are a different thing, as are the ****** that drive over acres of freshly drilled fields killing anything they can put a dog on , these types are very hard to deal with.

no offence taken by the way.

Edited by markbivvy