best value shotgun

rupack

Rupack,

Its not whats best, its what fits!

Beretta didn't fit me.. so I didn't buy one, Browning did, so I have one...

Don't go for whats best, go for what fits!

To be really honest, of those listed, there is not much difference! they are all good!

Adam

I agree with Adam - Berretta's are brilliant guns but they don't fit me as well as a Browning - so I have one of those.

Incidentally - just because Miroku have Browning actions it does not mean they fit the same. Try both - one might suit you better.

Take heart though - once you have selected a good O/U it will give a lifetime's service and let you have a go at many different kinds of shooting. If I had to get rid of all my guns bar one I'd keep the O/U - I will never get bored with it.

B

I've shot Beretta o/u's and they are good guns. For me personally it's Browning/ Miroku. I just shoot better with them. You should be able to pick up a Mk70 Miroku for that money. A secondhand Browning 425 would be a good buy. Try the Beretta's though. The thing is to think through very carefully what you want you want to use the gun for. Talk to a good reputable dealer and he should only sell you a gun that is fit for your purposes. It is very important to try before you buy.

Beretta are sound guns allround... If you can get one for that price just take a look at the condition, they will last for life but some people dont take the best of care.. I will say the same as others make sure it fits.. If you buy a gun, it is worth spending the extra £100 or so to get it properly fitted, your scores will improve imensly, but off the rack may fit you fine...

Most gun clubs with their own shops, will usually let you test a second hand gun, but pend that little bit more and get a new one.

Gibby

hi mate.if you are rough shooting.then i would suggest a camo semi franchi.i paid £600 for mine and its very reliable and strong. :D

I second Wol, I bought a Franchi 712 Raptor SA for £545 (I think they are more now). Great gun, fitted me better than the berretta SA's in the shop.

Pete

I'll sell you a mint Beretta 12b 686e 30" Sporting Multichoke, with all chokes and Beretta hard case for £800, very nice wood too. PM me if you want pics.

Action still tight as a nun's bits

Only reason for sale is that i am now using my Beretta 20g more.

cheers

Mark

well my mates got a lamber u/o multi bought new 6 years ago still mint depends what u wont really all guns shoot straight its wheather

1 thay fit ie to much cone come up nice to much cast on the stock do u wont a working gun or a pritty gun which yo worry about a scrath if you r a allrounder i would go for a multi so drive game pidgon decoys rabbits under lamp clays sporting and skeet that gun will do all if its rough ie a lot of walking a s/s and for driven game to resons for that rough days you can walk all day with a s/s it weighs a lot less than a u/o and for driven you can load a s/s quicker than a u/o for flush you do not have to open the gun so far to reload the gun as for u/o if you shoot botem barrel first you fumbel to reload and before you lads say bull go to a clay shoot with a competent shooter in driven game and shoot a flush with him and he will shoot more cartrages than u with a u/o

my advice is go round the shops see what u like you never no you might not have to spend all your mony

Edited by JACKYBOY

you can load a s/s quicker than a u/o for flush you do not have to open the gun so far to reload the gun as for u/o if you shoot botem barrel first you fumbel to reload

Most O/U guns have selectable barrels now so if you mostly fire one shot you could select the top barrel firing first :D

Tam.