ase ultra

sammyboy

just bought an ase ultra for the hmr.i thought that a mod was a mod but jees is this one better than the logun i was using.

its as quite as a .22 when using supersonic rounds. which makes a hell of a lot of difference when shooting at quarry. i was able to take 4 shots at a stote without it having any idea were i was.

yes yes i know 4 shots but it was windy and i got him in the end.

if you have a rimfire go for the ase.much better than any that i,ve tryed.

I was thinking of getting an ase ultra for my HMR but after reading your post im now in two minds.

You say its as quiet as a .22 using supersonic rounds ( i assume you mean high velocity)

Well i have a SAK moderator on my hmr at the moment and that is a lot quieter than my .22 with HV rounds.

And if thats the case ive saved myself £60. B) :lol::lol::rolleyes:

just bought an ase ultra for the hmr.i thought that a mod was a mod but jees is this one better than the logun i was using.

its as quite as a .22 when using supersonic rounds. which makes a hell of a lot of difference when shooting at quarry. i was able to take 4 shots at a stote without it having any idea were i was.

yes yes i know 4 shots but it was windy and i got him in the end.

if you have a rimfire go for the ase.much better than any that i,ve tryed.

Its great that you can shoot stoats over their, they are protected over here. :D :blink:

They kill a lot of hens too, along with the Pine Martin, which is on an all time high, numbers are rising, they are protected too and they are, along with the mink, the bigest chickhen killers. :blink:

hawkeye, i ment a .22 with a decent moderator with high velocity rounds through it and i bought the ase ultra for 60 quid so you saved yourself 30. :P

sammyboy

I have a kevlar silencer on my anshutz .22 rimmy that is quieter than my PCP airrifles with weirauch moderator on. But put HV rounds through it and it has a good crack.

:P:D:D

My hmr.17 is also anshutz and that had a sak moderator thrown in free when i bought the gun so i have saved £60 :blink: :lol:

You said you had a logun on your hmr before,

I was advised when i bought mine that as it used supersonic rounds it was dangerous to use logun silencers on them as they where not strong enough.:lol:? :D:D:D :blink:

Edited by hawkeye

the logun moderator had been proofed before i put it on so i did,nt need to worry about that.

if you look on rimfiremagic.co.uk it tells you about the prices and the sound difference of the two silencers.i think that my 60quid was well spent.

it does work very well acording to them better than the sak.