How many pigeons are shot by PW members 2006

Whitebridges

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out in the morning ( will stay all day ). will post bag if any on here when dog has been fed and gun cleaned.field has been watched all week and the guy im shooting with advises "bring loads of shells".kiss of death if ever there was !

2 woodies :*)

walked up day, missed another that i shouldnt have

must get out again.... :(

Nick, I was relying on you.

Hard going. I had walked up day near Eye in Suffolk and we shot 1 hare, 2 Mallard, 1 pheasant and a woodie. Roosting Pigeons not one thanks to a gas gun on the end of the wood. Still a fum day though.

PigeonWatch carried forward total 376

PigeonWatch running total 378

Good one yer! :thumbs:

out in the morning ( will stay all day ). will post bag if any on here when dog has been fed and gun cleaned.field has been watched all week and the guy im shooting with advises "bring loads of shells".kiss of death if ever there was !

No pressure digs!!

500 min in the car I hope. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

my contribution is 15 flighted this afternoon, luckily there is not a running total for pigeons missed.

Neil

nbd1, nice one. All us Norfolk boys can shot better than............... Born with a shotty in our arms.

Now you've got a flightline, you'll be posting tomorrow. Well done. :D:D

PigeonWatch carried forward total 378

PigeonWatch running total 393 :devil:

you can put me down for 25 today should of been double that but new gun wasnt hitting where i was aiming but ive had words and were friends again

Remmy, 25 in Jan is a top score.You have been busy. You are actually spending time shooting pigeons unlike most of the boys on here. Good on yer, when you get your eye in with that new shooter (and you will) ...pow! Well done.

PigeonWatch carried forward total 393

PigeonWatch running total 418

Past 400

:devil::D:D

didnt start til half ten,had to feed the sheep first.checked out the feild whilst out feeding and the pigeons were waiting for the frost to melt before they started to feed.set up at the bottom of a valley beside a river with a strong wind blowing from my right.used twenty deeks a flapper and a magnet and barely sat before the first bunch came in.ended at three (more sheep to feed) with 59 in the bag,should have hit three figures but took the o/u instead of the auto and shot like a muppet :*) lost some birds in the river as the banks are vertical and once the dog goes in she cant get out,id rather lose a pigeon than the dog.

without the magnet i would have been lucky to shoot a dozen,it really did pull them in that well.as i was packing up they were still coming in so next week ill be back.

the only downside is the bruise on my middle finger and the fact i was using a bag of shells that were given to me,everything from rotweils to remington heavy shot. they knocked the hell out of me.

all in all a good day,when i find the cable i will post a pic of the bag :devil:

I picked up 29 today on a field of rape - it should have been 30 but one hard hit bird flew over the nearby M1 motorway, then dropped stone dead onto the carriageway...!!

Another one for Charlie..??

Cat

:devil::D

Edited by Catamong

didnt start til half ten,had to feed the sheep first.checked out the feild whilst out feeding and the pigeons were waiting for the frost to melt before they started to feed.set up at the bottom of a valley beside a river with a strong wind blowing from my right.used twenty deeks a flapper and a magnet and barely sat before the first bunch came in.ended at three (more sheep to feed) with 59 in the bag,should have hit three figures but took the o/u instead of the auto and shot like a muppet :*) lost some birds in the river as the banks are vertical and once the dog goes in she cant get out,id rather lose a pigeon than the dog.

without the magnet i would have been lucky to shoot a dozen,it really did pull them in that well.as i was packing up they were still coming in so next week ill be back.

the only downside is the bruise on my middle finger and the fact i was using a bag of shells that were given to me,everything from rotweils to remington heavy shot. they knocked the hell out of me.

all in all a good day,when i find the cable i will post a pic of the bag :devil:

digger, well done. 59 added.

PigeonWatch carried forward total 418

PigeonWatch running total 477

I picked up 29 today on a field of rape - it should have been 30 but one hard hit bird flew over the nearby M1 motorway, then dropped stone dead onto the carriageway...!!

Another one for Charlie..??

Cat

:devil::D

Thinking about it Cat, I reckon we can count him. He's "stone dead" after all.

Good decision to leave him for Charlie.

PigeonWatch carried forward total 477

PigeonWatch running total 507

Add another thank you Whitebridges :thumbs: ;):lol: just got my FIRST woody ever, good to have shot it with my first air rifle- AAS200. Sitting like a plum on my trellace, made sure it was a safe shot, loaded up Bang, GONE. i was surprised because feathers had blown back 2 metres from behind where i had shot it!

a very chufffed MH :lol:

Add another thank you Whitebridges :thumbs: ;):lol: just got my FIRST woody ever, good to have shot it with my first air rifle- AAS200. Sitting like a plum on my trellace, made sure it was a safe shot, loaded up Bang, GONE. i was surprised because feathers had blown back 2 metres from behind where i had shot it!

a very chufffed MH :lol:

Good shooting MH.

PigeonWatch carried forward total 515

PigeonWatch running total 516