franchi raptor

remmy1100

been to local gun shop today looking at a franchi raptor ,would of bougfht it had it not been for small scratches on side of action and the fact there was no hard case or chokes which should of been there .list price is £700 he is getting me one cased ect for £560 anyone have one of these can give some feedback..i understand they are now owned by beretta so i expect good reliability it comes with 3 years warranty.

Remmy

I bought a Raptor in September. It was brand new, cased and came with extra chokes/cleaning kit etc. It is a lovely gun, but has taken some wearing in. I usually put 30g 5's and 32g 6's thhrough it when pigeon shooting, and have had no problems. However, when using lighter cartidges for clays, I have had some trouble with stoppages. It is becoming less and less frequent, so I put it down to wearing off the high points, but I would not put a 24g through it for love or money at the moment.

£560 seems like a reasonable price for a new one, I paid £545. In summary, I love the gun, it shoots like a dream the vast majority of the time now (now it is getting worn in).

I would say go for it, but dont be disheartened if you have to put a couple of hundred heavy loads through it before it starts behaving impeccably.

Hope this helps

Pete