Fuel Duty Rise

Blackpowder

Well I thought when we got the disgusting new labour crowd booted out of Office that an co-olition of more rural sympathy ministers would show some consideration to those who live away from regular public transport. Apparently not. A further 1p per litre is scheduled for next week followed by a further increase in January. I for one am pig sick of politicians playing the so called green card as an excuse to squeeze the last dregs of solvency from drivers. If you ask me the crowd we have now are akin the same bunch of wimps as previous but under a different name.

An IRATE Blackpowder :hmm:

I for one am pig sick of politicians playing the so called green card as an excuse

To be honest, anyone who really believes in the green card, may want to remember that the polar ice caps did a wonderful job of melting on their own, with no help from us! History has shown that global warming is a naturally occurring event.

John

I was driving home last week and passed a group of workers with placards and banging drums outside a pharmaceutical factory . Most people beeped their horns and got as cheer . Their pensions were being withdrawn or something . Fuel prices on top of everything else are going to have a really bad effect on this country and I think this sort of action is going to be commonplace . I would support another fuel protest especially as my job enables me to get to the front of the queue !

back to red it is then

Please tell me you are joking.... :hmm:

it was them that got us into this mess in the first place,

every party screws us for fuel, not just the tories......if i recall it was labour who decided to raise it by inflation plus x% every year....

motorists are the new smokers.....the more people stop smoking the more fuel goes up

shaun

Please tell me you are joking.... :hmm:

it was them that got us into this mess in the first place,

every party screws us for fuel, not just the tories......if i recall it was labour who decided to raise it by inflation plus x% every year....

motorists are the new smokers.....the more people stop smoking the more fuel goes up

shaun

I dont think he meant the red party B)

Edited by MattSoanes

According to the radio earlier the fuel duty is going up tomorrow, which accounts for the people queueing at the pumps in front of me on my way home. Fuel here has crept up in the last few days anyway. I just paid 115.9p per litre for diesel at ASDA.

Edited by philr

Well I thought when we got the disgusting new labour crowd booted out of Office that an co-olition of more rural sympathy ministers would show some consideration to those who live away from regular public transport. Apparently not. A further 1p per litre is scheduled for next week followed by a further increase in January. I for one am pig sick of politicians playing the so called green card as an excuse to squeeze the last dregs of solvency from drivers. If you ask me the crowd we have now are akin the same bunch of wimps as previous but under a different name.

An IRATE Blackpowder :yes:

COULD NOT AGREE MORE.... :good:

It doesn't matter who we vote for, one way or another all of us are gonna get hit with tax hikes whoever the ruling party is. My main concern is the proposed vat rise in jan, that'll kill off a bit more work.

Maybe when everyone is on the dole because they can't afford to go to work, then the Gov will have a rethink.

I can see alot of really brassed off working people , in fact the only people with smiles on their faces are the bankers . They are the only ones who can fail miserably and still get rewarded handsomely . Talk about falling in a septic tank and climb out chewing a Mars Bar .

If we are going to lose our livelihoods due to less pay and more taxes and interest rates then I hope we can give the money men a spanking in return in the only way we can .

I can see alot of really brassed off working people , in fact the only people with smiles on their faces are the bankers . They are the only ones who can fail miserably and still get rewarded handsomely . Talk about falling in a septic tank and climb out chewing a Mars Bar .

If we are going to lose our livelihoods due to less pay and more taxes and interest rates then I hope we can give the money men a spanking in return in the only way we can .

Yawn. Oh come on this is getting tedious blaming the banks for everything. Do you not think that fuel prices would be going up regardless of the economic climate? And a lot of people get rewarded for failure not just a few 'bankers'. The England football team and manager immediately spring to mind. The vast majority of people who work for banks who fail, lose their jobs. In fact a lot of people who work for banks who don't fail lose their jobs. Just look at the cull going on across banks at the moment.

I'd happily pay higher fuel costs if road tax was abolished. I think tax on fuel is a very fair way to tax people because the more you drive and the bigger your car, the more you pay. In my mind that would be a lot more fair than the current system.

It would mean that people out in the sticks who need 4x4s wouldn't get so badly screwed whilst the rich townie in his Bentley or DB9 would have to pay by consumption. The more you drive the more you wear out the roads too. Perhaps haulage companies could be given a rebate of some sort so it doesn't hit them too hard? They are after all an essential service. Kind of like farmers getting their red?

Yawn. Oh come on this is getting tedious blaming the banks for everything. Do you not think that fuel prices would be going up regardless of the economic climate? And a lot of people get rewarded for failure not just a few 'bankers'. The England football team and manager immediately spring to mind. The vast majority of people who work for banks who fail, lose their jobs. In fact a lot of people who work for banks who don't fail lose their jobs. Just look at the cull going on across banks at the moment.

And quite right that they lost their jobs,look at the devastation to the economy two words NORTHERN ROCK Hang the B*$£&*ds

no sympathy given here i want MY money back :blush::rolleyes: