Pigeon syndicate - is this a good offer?

Pete747

Been clay shooting for about 5 years and really keen to get into pigeon shooting and have been made an offer to join a syndicate and wanted to see what people think.

It's for Pigeon shooting on at least 5 large farms in Surrey for 365 days a year for £350. He’s been shooting for years and has offered to take me out for several guided days to show me the ropes etc before I start to get my own gear etc and then I’d be on my own to go whenever I want to. I get on well with him so think it will work well and he’s planning on restricting it to about 6 entrants (he’s already got 3 I believe).

I know I could go round knocking on doors but as a complete novice I don’t reckon my chances of getting permissions would be very high and I know I would need some guidance on the basics, decoys etc.

It's a lot of money but with the guided days thrown in seems to be quite a decent offer but wanted to get a bit of opinion before I give him a shout.

Pete

Been clay shooting for about 5 years and really keen to get into pigeon shooting and have been made an offer to join a syndicate and wanted to see what people think.

It's for Pigeon shooting on at least 5 large farms in Surrey for 365 days a year for £350. He’s been shooting for years and has offered to take me out for several guided days to show me the ropes etc before I start to get my own gear etc and then I’d be on my own to go whenever I want to. I get on well with him so think it will work well and he’s planning on restricting it to about 6 entrants (he’s already got 3 I believe).

I know I could go round knocking on doors but as a complete novice I don’t reckon my chances of getting permissions would be very high and I know I would need some guidance on the basics, decoys etc.

It's a lot of money but with the guided days thrown in seems to be quite a decent offer but wanted to get a bit of opinion before I give him a shout.

Pete

for the amount of land it opens the door to and the help getting started its quite a good deal

Hi Mate it sounds a lot for pigeon shooting then again i only pay £125 for nppc with fields all over ok i am sharing the shooting with a lot more members if he is showing you the ropes and their only a few of you shooting the farms i would go for it pigeons soon become warey after a lot of pressure :hmm:

£350 for pigeon shooting alone seems a little high if you consider many people shoot pigeons for free, doing the farmer a favour and all that....

But it isn't a lot if you take into consideration how much land you are getting, if you factor in anything between £80 and £150 for a day's guided pigeon shooting it seems a very good deal.

I would say grab it with both hands, after a year you will feel confident enough to gain your own permisions elsewhere where hopefully you don't have to pay, then let the next person take this one; You may also find the rate is reduced after a year if the farmer doesn't have any takers at £350

Just my humble opinion....

Several years ago, my answer would have been no.

However having tried very hard in recent months to obtain permissions, and failed. I would suggest that ask yourself if you are going to get around 10 outings on the permission.

If the answer is yes, grab it before someone else does.

If I were made such an offer in my area the deal would be done.

webber

• 3 months later...