scopes from the states

fubar

just recieved my new scope from the usa at a fraction of the uk price took seven days to arrive with no extra tax to pay :)

the scope a bushnell banner dawn till dusk 6-18x50 brand new and boxed

the price £57.00 plus £12.00 p+p total £69.00 the rrp on this scope in the uk is nearly three times this amount :blink: :blink: :)

why must we always get ripped off in this country :< :< :<

the guy trades on ebay with over 7000 feedback 99.9% positive

anyone wanting his details pm me :)

What did he write on the customs declaration?

Over the years I have bought loads of shooting related gear from USA and Canada.

Ebay is a very good source to buy scopes because a lot of the traders use ebay. Ask them to send a scope marked up as "optical equipment" on the shipping/airmail label and if whatever you are buying is say $300 or $400 ask them to put $80 on shipping label

Try and avoid words like Hunting, rifle parts, rifles scopes etc. It always seem to attract unwanted interest from customsguy in UK

Or you will end up with a label on the package like this. The Muppet put Hunting scope on the label. I told him not too :< :< :< . For all the luck in the world the postman handed over the package and forgot to take the money :blink: :blink: :)

This is the only time have ever been charged with duty

newfolder072.jpg

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

I was getting the run around with a local gun shop and GMK trying to get a 5 round mag for my T3 Lite. Lead times were mad and prices were dear, and I also had to cough for the gun shop to receive it from GMK.

I phoned a shop in the States, in Salt Lake City actually (Gallensons), and they said, "Yeah, no problem, we got 'em in stock buddy, what's your card number and your address over there". So you'd figure that an American gun shop would know their guns right? Of all the countries in the world...

A mag turned up about 10 days later and it was for the wrong gun, it was for the previous model Tikka 695. Plonkers.

So posted it back and finally got the right one in the end. They hadn't checked the part numbers, even though I told them the part number as a precaution.

So I saved a little in money, but it wasn't quick.

Guess I was just unlucky though. I'm sure in general it's probably still a good idea to use the States for some things.

he marked my parcel as other ,scope, and value $19.99

this is the second scope we have had of him as my mate bought one as well both have full bushnell 12 month warrenty on them and come with lens cloth lens covers and all the paperwork

Thats the way Pavman

I have bought Burris, Nikon, Leupold, Tasco all from good old US of A

Jonno

jono

you got off lightly there I have been charged £10 handling fee on a customs charge of £12 before. But if you get the seller to play ball it is by far the cheapest way to buy lots of stuff.

Gordon Brown doesn't agree of course but he will have to catch us first. :blink:

Got off lightly. The postie forgot to ask for the money. :blink:

Jonno

i tried to order a Leupold,scope last year from the states just kept geting reply they did not ship them to the UK  :<  :<  :< ended up buying one over here . :blink:  :blink:

www.durhamoutdoorsupply.com

Should have tried these for leupold mike............I've used them and find them to be spot on :) ........the company I mean

Ive