Illuminated Recticles

Axe

Do you prefer illuminated reticles at dusk/night  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer illuminated reticles at dusk/night

• Yes
    • No

I need a dont know button. I've never used a illuminated reticule so wouldn't know but i dont have a problem with normal 30/30s. Would like to try an illuminated one though but am not going to buy one for the sake of it so would be interested in the results of this poll.

I've voted yes as i've had air rifles when i was younger without the illuminated reticle and found that when roost shooting crows or lamping rabbits, you cant see the cross hairs, when i bought my rimfire and knew that i'd be using it for mostly lamping bunnies i thought i'd get a scope with it in and it's brilliant, really stands out even on the lowest setting

Guest Mr Pieman

I voted no. After prolonged night shoots, I found the illuminated reticle almost hypnotic and it played havoc with my focus point. Much prefer high-end glass and a good filtered lamp :blink:

PP

i didnt vote, i havent owned one, but i have used one a bit.

for longer range shooting i found it useless, you cant see squat down the scope apart from the cross hair.

however short range well lit shooting i can see it helping with very quick targeting (ratting etc)

but then some deacent glass and a good lamp can more than make up for this.

call me old fashioned, but i think its a gimik.

sorry I thought it said do you prefer to illuminate your testicles at dawn or dusk, silly me cant vote now :blink:

:):):)

I have never used one so cant really comment

But my S&B 3-12 X 50 works a treat at dusk and dawn, can see the reticles perfectly. :blink: :D

So to sum up then, if you have between have enough money to buy a 'decent' scope you dont need it as the superior glass will draw in enough light. However, if like me, you cant afford to spend more on the scope than the rifle (rimfire in my case) you do need it.

I have them on my rimfire, and my 22-250. My rimfire has a red crosshair, and the 22-250 has a red or green crosshair. I prefer the green crosshair, and turn the brightness on both the scopes down so that there is no light on the lens. I've found them to be superb. especially at long range foxes at night.