Most useful piece of kit

Mightymariner

Having recently returned to shooting after several years absence (living overseas and starting a family) I am amazed at the amount of pigeon decoying kit there is now available. When I started, over 25 years ago, all we had were some basic shell and full bodied decoys, some old army camo netting and...well, that was about it. So, my question is: what is the most useful/best piece of decoying equipment you use (the piece you would take on Desert Island Discs!) in pursuit of a successful day's decoying.

same stuff as you used to take . But include a mobile phone and a small first aid kit. Even if its a few plasters . Also take more carts than you were originally going to take . Nothin worse than the birds startin to turn up and you run short on carts :good:

What I call essentials and without which lead for an unconfortable day.

Seat - I use a 25l barrel, its a lot higher so standing up from it is easier plus you can put you stuff inside

Lunch and Flask- Without this you are doomed, as you all know when the air is clear of pigeons you just need to pour a cup of coffee for them to all turn up at once. :good:

Bog roll and a zip lock bag - I actually take babies wet wipes and the ziplock bag is to put the used bog roll in afterwards :good:

Phone - Just in case

First Aid kit - Just in case

Having recently returned to shooting after several years absence (living overseas and starting a family) I am amazed at the amount of pigeon decoying kit there is now available. When I started, over 25 years ago, all we had were some basic shell and full bodied decoys, some old army camo netting and...well, that was about it. So, my question is: what is the most useful/best piece of decoying equipment you use (the piece you would take on Desert Island Discs!) in pursuit of a successful day's decoying.

SHAKIRA