Zeroing an FAC air rifle

steve_b_wales

I'm about to zero my scope on my S410 FAC. What would be the best range to sight it in. I thought to zero it at about 50 yards?

Steve.

What power is it and what calibre?

My Falcon is .22 and 26ft lb, originally I zeroed at 50 and found it to be very accurate with Bisley Mags and AA Field out to this distance.

Problem was it was still high in between, and many shots presented closer than 50, which caused issues. Probably took me about a year to realise 50 was daft and 40 works far better all round for me and the power I run, I also use AA Field exclusively now, awsome tool!

I agree with 40 yards, in fact Chairgun said 41 for my scope height/power/pellet etc. so that is what I did. I can aim dead-on from somewhere around 10 out to over 46 and be within 1/2" of point-of-aim if I do my bit, and from 50 and up I have to hold over.

This for a .22 firing Bis Mags at 32 lb/ft.

Edited by john_r

with what is still a relitively low power gun so much depends on the total set up height of scope to bore, speed, intended use. Generally play about is best i do the .22 rapid at 47 yds i get just a little over 1/2" high at peak trajectory and the same 1/2" in drop at 55yds

What power is it and what calibre?

My Falcon is .22 and 26ft lb, originally I zeroed at 50 and found it to be very accurate with Bisley Mags and AA Field out to this distance.

Problem was it was still high in between, and many shots presented closer than 50, which caused issues. Probably took me about a year to realise 50 was daft and 40 works far better all round for me and the power I run, I also use AA Field exclusively now, awsome tool!

It's .22 caliber, pushing 30ft/lb

It's .22 caliber, pushing 30ft/lb

It still all depends on land etc but as some have mentioned 40 yards may be more user friendly/useful, it is for me!

Certainly mine is still very accurate if zeroed out to 50 but the distance/arc ratio works better for me at 40, especially with the AA Field, relatively simple shooting with very little maths to do!

Whatever works for you is the real answer! :good:

Thanks all, for the replies. And also to my mate Alan (Alpha Mule)

What would be the zero for AA fields / Bisley magnum pellet's ?

Minor technicality here: Scope height is set at 1.5" What is yours?

AA Fields Zero at 42.5 yards giving 1" from 8.7 to 48.1 yards (14.8 yards 'secondary' zero)

Bisley Magnums Zero at 37.7 yards giving 1" from 7.7 to 42.7 yards (13 yards 'secondary' zero)

Edited to provide 'seconday' zero info

Edited by Alpha Mule

Minor technicality here: Scope height is set at 1.5" What is yours?

AA Fields Zero at 42.5 yards giving 1" from 8.7 to 48.1 yards (14.8 yards 'secondary' zero)

Bisley Magnums Zero at 37.7 yards giving 1" from 7.7 to 42.7 yards (13 yards 'secondary' zero)

Edited to provide 'seconday' zero info

Not sure about scope height, so will have to check tomorrow. Off to bed now, as I've just come off a night shift. Will phone you tomorrow Alan.

Steve. :good:

Hi Steve

Mine is exactly as chaps above Rapid 7 - 30lbs with bis mags and zeroed at 50.

Mick

Hi Mick. I attempted to zero the rifle yesterday, but there was a strong wind blowing up the farm (not from me :good: )

I have two makes of pellets to try - Bisley Magnums & AA Field.

When conditions are more suitable, I will zero the rifle at 50 yards with one make, and then try with the other, to see what difference, if any, there will be.

Regards

Steve.

PS. more mag's on the way!

Hi Mick. I attempted to zero the rifle yesterday, but there was a strong wind blowing up the farm (not from me ??? )

I have two makes of pellets to try - Bisley Magnums & AA Field.

When conditions are more suitable, I will zero the rifle at 50 yards with one make, and then try with the other, to see what difference, if any, there will be.

Regards

Steve.

PS. more mag's on the way!

Cheers steve....im away from my main base ,out with the danes at mo till around 6th nov so on my return they should be waiting..

Again many thanks

Mick