navara v l200 v hilux

ddanby111

get out and try a few, they all beat a disc hands down for reliability and running costs. I bought my L200 for 6K a similar age and mileage disco is 10k more

Oh Alex - c'mon, beat a disco hands down? :rolleyes: when the "looked after one" has blown a turbo or a fuel pump you'll go back to the green oval, they always get you back in the end. :hmm: jap **** only keeps you busy for so long and as the op says - back to a landy. :yes:

Edited by gixer1

also now thinking of going back to a discovery... the best car/truck i ever had...

Job jobbed - now step away from the cheapo jap rubbish (excluding suzuki's!) :rolleyes::hmm:

If you buy jap you'll be know as he man who "wouldn't have the sense not to freeze his nipple off with a can of lynx" :yes:

Edited by gixer1

:rolleyes: I would definitly recommend the Hilux, I'm in the trade and hear loads of horror stories about the Navara going through rear axels and clutches also have an issue with the cranks going at about 60,000 miles, the L200 suffers from over heating issues with head gasgets popping also hear that Mitsubishi are quite poor with the customer service,

you will get a later plate vehicle with the navara and L200 but I would rather have an older Hilux than any of the others!!!

My best advice would be to look at the adverts in the press and see all the ads with NEW ENGINE.

My three would be

1)TOYOTA

2)L200

3)Navara

havent read the other replies but its a no-brainer toyota hilux is far superior go for the 3.0 lots of grunt and av 36mpg, mitsi and navara are good but toyota offer world renound reliability and class you cant match with other jap stuff. its right at home in the mud or parked outside a hotel next to a range rover.

hi,

I have had a few trucks in my time...

to be honest... I dont rate the mitsi L200 Animal at all...

if it were me, I would have a Navara or a Ranger, then maybe a Toyota..

Navara are great.. owned 1 & the older D21, both had good engines = pull like a train

Ranger... on my 4th, have owned mk1 4x4, a double cab, a Xlt, a thunder and now a 2x4 super cab, all ok, not bad... good for the money, nice allrounder

Toyota.... old ones were great.... new ones, not so good...d4d engines can go wrong, and dont seam to have the torque like the older ones.

mitsi... an over priced car... never found them to be that good as a truck... they look the part tho..

thats just my 6 pence worth...!!! I am sure I will now be shot down in flames... lol

thanks Al.

• 2 weeks later...

i have had 3 hilux over the years and 2 navaras ,yes the hilux are great and well built so if you are a serious off roader (keeper or similar) its deffo the truck to go for however my 57 plate navara is the dogs dangly bits for everyday use with the odd foray into the mud and dirt when we are shooting , it drives like a luxury 4x4 car with the pulling power to match and will cruise at 100mph quietly if you need it to , yes mine did have a clutch at about 25,000 miles but i put that down to regularly towing my big Ifor Williams fully loaded and towing it extremely well i might add for something that isnt a landy which we all know is the best tow vehicle that was ever made , my truck other than the clutch issue has been extremely reliable, incidentaly i had a clutch issue with one of my hilux after about 10,000 miles so you cant go by that ...........

so .......its horses for courses in my opinion , look at what you need it for most everybody has some story or another of a landy this or a mitsi that i would just buy the best you can afford for what you need it for :good: oh the best ....................i would have a new 3.0 hilux lol but couldnt afford one :good: