Nikko shotguns

VicW

On the spur of the moment I have bought a Nikko shotgun. It is in excellent condition and was a good price.

It's a Nikko 2200 trap gun and I know nothing about them.

Can anybody give me some idea of their history as a maker and does anyone know how to date them?

Thanks in anticipation.

Vic.

I think....... there were made in Japan in the same factory that made the Winchester 101s and some other guns.

I believe they are a modified version of the Browning superposed without the action floor trapdoor.

They were popular in America.

And possibly the ejectors have a habit of splaying out and not ejecting the cartridge.

My first real gun was a Nikko 5000 mk2 - very nice gun- discrete engraving on side - assisted opening and was a treat to hold - only one major problem with it - It kicked hell out of my cheek - been a semi auto user now for 20 yrs.

A shooter local to me is a Nikko collector - his gem is a new unfired 410 O/U - it was for sale but I couldn't afford it.

A most underated gun.

Dave

I think....... there were made in Japan in the same factory that made the Winchester 101s and some other guns.

I believe they are a modified version of the Browning superposed without the action floor trapdoor.

They were popular in America.

The action is definitely not Winchester 101 or Browning but one thing I discovered today,quite by accident,is that the ejectors are very easy to remove for cleaning !! Fortunately I was indoors and not in the garage and found all the bits and mantled it !!

I am convinced that anything I drop on the floor in the garage is knicked by the bloody big spiders that live in there and taken to spider boot sales.

Vic.

• 10 years later...

Hi Vic.

Out of curiosity how do you remove the nikko ejectors? I just picked up a winchester 96 xpert which is identical to your nikko mechanically

On 13/10/2010 at 05:02, VicW said:

The action is definitely not Winchester 101 or Browning but one thing I discovered today,quite by accident,is that the ejectors are very easy to remove for cleaning !! Fortunately I was indoors and not in the garage and found all the bits and mantled it !!

I am convinced that anything I drop on the floor in the garage is knicked by the bloody big spiders that live in there and taken to spider boot sales.

Vic.

20200929_191215.jpg