tikka 223 light

benjy

Had it screw-cut for a 15mm thread to accept a PH muzzle brake.

The work was done by Webley which is only ¼ mile away and they only charged me £70 including proof. (think it was a mistake because they were talking about £120 but had agreed to do it for the same price as my Sako Finnfire :thumbs: ).

Used the muzzle brake once and then removed it……..I’m deaf enough as it is. :(

G.M.

there is one chap down at my club, who everyone goes out of the way to anoy (we call him the rear gunner)

one time he was shooting a competition from a bench, being very serious.

seeing this a guy with a remington police in .308 with a muzzle break decided to go shoot on the bench next to him, timing his shots just before the 'rear gunners', he kept on getting looks, obviously anoying him.

once the rear gunner finished, said person turned to him, asked "are you done now", " yes" he responded, "oh ok i will stop shooting now then" :(

the muzzle breaks do make your fillings rattle.

is this a nice rifle?acurate?has anyone got one.whats the trigger on it like?

cheers

Just going Slightly off track

I have the older M595 ,Floating barrel and very easy trigger adjustment which involves the turning of a Allen screw .

Lying Prone with a Harris S25C I achieved a 3 shot group of 1"at 200yds recently ,however this was probably a one off as factory ammo was being used but I normally group 2" which I'm more than happy with .

Tikka are bloody good Guns but time will tell whether the newer T3's will Eclipse their older predecesssors.

Ive

Ive, the T3 trigger is just as simple to adjust by turning that allen head bolt out until the spring gets a bit slacker.

Trouble is that spring is so bloody strong it will only lighten up to a certain point before disengaging altogether. The best bet is to take a simple spring from a cheap ballpoint pen and swap it for the old one. This will allow you to adjust the trigger right down to below 1lb if you wanted to, although that would be a little dangerous on a field rifle.

As for replacing the older 595………yes it will, but that doesn’t mean it is better, not by a long chalk. :devil:

G.M.