Wet Stag

GREENGRASS

Thanks for viewing.

I thought they might have been more popular.

GG. :good:

Whatever would make you think that they are not extremely popular GreenGrass? Your photos are always top quality, they are very well composed and framed, they are always "technically correct" (Lighting, DOF etc.) and they are ALWAYS a pleasure to see.

I believe that many of your photos would be snapped up by one of the on line photo libraries if you offered them for sale as you have a very special gift in your photographic abilities and an eye for a great photo!!

Never let anyone tell you otherwise mate, keep them coming please! :good::yes::good:

Was shot at 150mm with f5.6 and 1/160th. With that that field of view (has been cropped) I reckon that was at near full length. 18-200mm lens would be my guess.

Interestingly (or not!) was shot using apperature priority and at ISO400 so it was probably quite dark. Interesting as at that focal length the resulting shutter speed was just about fast enough to remove possible camera shake. Rule of thumb : focal length <= shutter speed. Unless there's vibration reduction or image stabilisation in the lens in which case you can drop 2 or 3 stops on the shutter speed. But not when using a tripod as that will set the lens off....

I'll get my coat :good:

Nice shot mate.

I am going to hazard a guess it was shot with his 100-400 4.5-5.6 IS

ISO 400 @ 1/160th f5.6 will of made it pretty light in the grand scheme of things.

Hi Nick

Yes to the above.

Have you viewed the other pictures of the deer.

I would appreciate your views C & C well come.

regards

GG

If you mean this shot:

post-363-1287441446.jpg

Then i think its superb!

The only thing i would say is with your processing on both images i think a little bit of a yellow cast to the image would give the sun in the background more of a glow. It might just add a little something to the image. But other than that i cant fault it at all - great work!

I've had a quick edit - hope you dont mind.

1064566410_LT9Tz-L.jpg

Thanks for the edit Nick was that done in filters in Photoshop or similar.

No issues with the edit.

GG

It was done in Lightroom, i very rarely use photoshop for editing images.

In Photoshop you can do the adjustment via Image -> Adjustments -> Colour Balance -> then adjust the yellow/blue slider.

I like the way the image is slightly silhouetted, its a great image.

It was done in Lightroom, i very rarely use photoshop for editing images.

In Photoshop you can do the adjustment via Image -> Adjustments -> Colour Balance -> then adjust the yellow/blue slider.

I like the way the image is slightly silhouetted, its a great image.

Thanks for the feedback Nick all noted.

I will Mail you the good one's.

Have you been out much of late?:blink:

GG

Thanks for the feedback Nick all noted.

I will Mail you the good one's.

Have you been out much of late?:blink:

GG

I shot the final of the BTCC a few weekends ago, but other than that i'm just doing some weekend work for newspapers - football and rugby etc...

BTCC photos are here if your interested: http://sportstock.photoshelter.com/gallery...0000VRrPDHnyDv4

Look forward to your emails mate.

I shot the final of the BTCC a few weekends ago, but other than that i'm just doing some weekend work for newspapers - football and rugby etc...

BTCC photos are here if your interested: http://sportstock.photoshelter.com/gallery...0000VRrPDHnyDv4

Look forward to your emails mate.

FANTASTIC.

GG :blink: :oops: :o