Ford focus cc boot problem

bakerboy

Call Ford on 0845 841 1111 and ask for Sabrina on the Focus CC team, explain your problem and the fact that it's only just out of warranty.

edit: actually ask if she still works there first.

PS - try to be nice to them despite how fed up you are.

Thanks I will try on Monday, at which point I should be quiet calm

Cheers

Terry

Does it open with the key fob? Is it just the button on the dash that won't open it?

It does not open at all, but when it operates correctly it will only open with the remote or the button on the boot itself

There is no access for a key and no internal release catch.

Terry

Edited by bakerboy

Had exactly the same with my micra - luckily I could drop the seat

pull the plastic covering off the boot mech and disconect the

electric connector - then I could pop the boot manually (is yours an electric button release?)

downside was that I couldn't lock it.

Mine turned out to be a perished wire, they use cheap cables that run

through the hatchback hinge and broken - cheap fix in the

end!

My wife has a ford focus cc, it has just gone out of warrenty.

Today the boot would not open, fortunately nothing in the boot (shopping), the rear seats do not fold down,and will need to be removed where you may find a small hole you could possibly pass your hand and arm through, if you have a long arm, if not you may need to replace the boot cover, this could take up to 1 week to rectify and Gates have warned that the labour charge will be horrendous, all this for a micro switch that cost probably nuppence.

There is no other way into the boot space, so how much are we looking at £1000.00? or more.

Short of maybe running into the rear of the car with my car or arranging somone else to do it, does anyone out there in Pigeon Watch World have any suggestons?

I will watch this space with interest.

Bakerboy , pee'd off and much more that i cannot put into print!!!!!!*******

Up date

Diagnostic check £80.00 plus VAT, may tell me what is wrong.

Labour to break into the Boot space 4 hours at £80.00 plus VAT.

Total so far just under £500.00

Plus more labour and parts to repair the damage and repair the fault, and then of course it may require a new boot lid, which then means a respray, what is the end cost going to be?:good:?

Any one feel like running in to the back of the car for a few quid? :good::good: :lol:only joking

bakerboy

bakerboy

• 8 years later...

Hi everyone i have a focus cc3 and i have just had to brake into my boot. i could not open the roof because the safety blind was'nt pulled over. so firstly all the rear seats out there is a small cut out in the metal and padding. cut and pull away all the padding then you will see the boot lining. push it and you will feel the blind running across get a sharp knife and cut a letter box hole in it. shine a torch in and you will see the blind. now i got a baton about 4 ft long and taped a wallpaper scraper on it. now if you poke the blind you will see you can move it in place you might need to tape the flap of the blind to the scraper.you will get it in place when you do the roof will work. now operate the roof but stop once the boot opened. turn off the key now go and move the blind back and climb in the boot space take off the boot lid lining now you need to take off the chrome handle there are 6 nuts holding it ( its hard but you can get them ) the centre brake light need to come out and the lights in the lid. but once i got mine off it was full of water really bad the number plate lights were under water  anyway the boot switch can now come out you can get one on the net for £7.50 put it all back together job done. hope this helps someone