Problems within Our Sport today

P~MX

Guest cookoff013

Apart from wildfowling there's absolutely need to use steel in this country at the moment (apart from the few who shoot to feed raptors) so don't use it.

Using it now just to save a couple of quid will undoubtedly lead to a quicker banning of lead. As it stands steel is a cheaper alternative to lead but when lead is gone there'll be no alternative and the manufacturers can charge what they like for steel.

Be under no illusion that every time you buy a box of steel cartridges for pigeon/game/clays you're helping the anti lead lobby secure a ban on lead shot.

- now hang on, as a punter you cant tell me what i can and cant do with my money. if i want to buy steel shells i will. last time i bought 1000 and used them in a day, meself and a few friends. at £90/k it was cheap. the next lead alternate is a 21g sport shell, at £130, i save £40, and dont care when i shoot clay with steel. there is a market, i was the demand, the manufacturer made it.

£40 isnt a couple of quid, its alot. especially to me.

when the ban comes, gamebore will dominate the market, it has done already, there isnt one company that comes close to gamebore. when it comes to steel clay shells or hunting loads.

when other shell manufacturers start kicking out cheaper shells, the price of them will drop, as the competition / demand goes higher.

i`m not sure if steel shot fluctuates as much as lead (prices), but there is enough cars out there to process !

there is a shot factory in hull -where hull cartridge and gamebore/kent are. (what a funny coincidence).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- now hang on, as a punter you cant tell me what i can and cant do with my money. if i want to buy steel shells i will. last time i bought 1000 and used them in a day, meself and a few friends. at £90/k it was cheap. the next lead alternate is a 21g sport shell, at £130, i save £40, and dont care when i shoot clay with steel. there is a market, i was the demand, the manufacturer made it.

£40 isnt a couple of quid, its alot. especially to me.

when the ban comes, gamebore will dominate the market, it has done already, there isnt one company that comes close to gamebore. when it comes to steel clay shells or hunting loads.

when other shell manufacturers start kicking out cheaper shells, the price of them will drop, as the competition / demand goes higher.

i`m not sure if steel shot fluctuates as much as lead (prices), but there is enough cars out there to process !

there is a shot factory in hull -where hull cartridge and gamebore/kent are. (what a funny coincidence).

Cookoff, spend your money how you like, but by buying steel you will be contributing to the banning of lead. It must have been a while since you paid £90 for 1000 cartridges? The cheapest I can find at the moment are £119, while the Hull CompX 21g in lead are £135, so only a £16 difference today. Steel prices have shot up against lead and will continue to do so while there's a demand. Reduce the demand and I'll wager the price will start to drop again.

You're quite right about the 'factory' that supplys steel in Hull. Though I don't think it's a factory, just an office, and the actual steel shot comes direct from Gamebore. No coincidence though as the MD of both companies are one and the same!! The Kingston Shot Co. website makes interesting reading as it quotes lots of anti lead rhetoric from the Peregrine Fund survey which kicked off the whole anti lead debate in this country. It demonises lead and extolls the virtues of steel. Strange really when you think of who the MD is? Or is it? You'll also notice they've 'lifted' the CIP regs directly from the BASC website. I'm sure they would need BASC permission to do that? Does this mean that BASC are happy to endorse an anti lead/pro steel company? Does it mean Gamebore and BASC are 'working behind the scenes' to make the switchover from lead to steel as seemless as possible? Is a lead ban a done deal? Well we can all make our own minds up on that one.

http://www.steel-shot.com/

Can somebody just confirm I have signed in correctly and this is Pigeon Watch?

All we need now is a couple of willie wavers to start arguing and slagging each other off for something none of us know about or care about that happened twenty years ago and this thread could be on another forum.

21 gram loads anyone?? :lol:

It has covered everything else.

Can somebody just confirm I have signed in correctly and this is Pigeon Watch?

All we need now is a couple of willie wavers to start arguing and slagging each other off for something none of us know about or care about that happened twenty years ago and this thread could be on another forum.

21 gram loads anyone?? :lol:

It has covered everything else.

:lol::P:D

Just like Claywanking.com

Somebody will be along in a bit to claim that this site has made a massive contribution to the sport and has brought about innumerable changes and improvements.

Oh how we laaaarfed at their magnificence (and the fact that they never changed a ******* thing) :lol:

Guest cookoff013

Cookoff, spend your money how you like, but by buying steel you will be contributing to the banning of lead. It must have been a while since you paid £90 for 1000 cartridges? The cheapest I can find at the moment are £119, while the Hull CompX 21g in lead are £135, so only a £16 difference today. Steel prices have shot up against lead and will continue to do so while there's a demand. Reduce the demand and I'll wager the price will start to drop again.

You're quite right about the 'factory' that supplys steel in Hull. Though I don't think it's a factory, just an office, and the actual steel shot comes direct from Gamebore. No coincidence though as the MD of both companies are one and the same!! The Kingston Shot Co. website makes interesting reading as it quotes lots of anti lead rhetoric from the Peregrine Fund survey which kicked off the whole anti lead debate in this country. It demonises lead and extolls the virtues of steel. Strange really when you think of who the MD is? Or is it? You'll also notice they've 'lifted' the CIP regs directly from the BASC website. I'm sure they would need BASC permission to do that? Does this mean that BASC are happy to endorse an anti lead/pro steel company? Does it mean Gamebore and BASC are 'working behind the scenes' to make the switchover from lead to steel as seemless as possible? Is a lead ban a done deal? Well we can all make our own minds up on that one.

http://www.steel-shot.com/

i knew about the companys in hull, and i think they will dominate the industry when if, or when the ban comes to effect.

it was a long time ago, think there was a special rate, i jumped at the price, it was a good price. i think there will be conflicting intrest as they will soley dominate the market, as the only decent steel shell manufacture at the moment. they put in alot of money and infrastructure for that demand, initially they supply sweden -etc , as they have gone non toxic only. its only a matter of time before another market opens up, thats us.

basc support shooting. but didnt they help produce the evidence saying ducks are shot with lead? - thats not very "supportive".

i think there is more than meets the eye on this, i think i`ll have to wait for wikileaks to tell us why.

what i think will happen is, lead will be banned in 5-10years, steel shells will go up in price by 100%. the it will damage and slow the uk shooting economy at the start.