Essex Masters 2011!

Nicky T

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its good entry price for the payout, but last years clays were pretty boring imo

Agreed, it was pretty uninspiring.

Mind you, I did get to go round with the Lee brothers, one of whom shot like a machine; a real eye opener that I could never ever be that good even if I gave up every weekend and drove a gazillion miles chasing CPSA events for the next 20 years.

Maybe Cat should shoot a round with them - it could save him a few miles on his wagon each year and would free up a few weekends for him :good:

I'll shoot it again this year because it's always an interesting set up and it's nice to go round with the usual suspects off here on an annual pilgrimage.

Agreed, it was pretty uninspiring.

Mind you, I did get to go round with the Lee brothers, one of whom shot like a machine; a real eye opener that I could never ever be that good even if I gave up every weekend and drove a gazillion miles chasing CPSA events for the next 20 years.

Maybe Cat should shoot a round with them - it could save him a few miles on his wagon each year and would free up a few weekends for him :good:

I'll shoot it again this year because it's always an interesting set up and it's nice to go round with the usual suspects off here on an annual pilgrimage.

Yes, unlike you I know the Lee brothers very well, they're great guys, I've shot with them on many occasions, we were squadded together at the British Open a little while ago, John Lee is now a good example of what you can achieve in the sport by looking beyond the Mickey Mouse Strawbale events that you seem obsessed with. :blink:

I hope they both get as much pleasure out of clay shooting as I've had over the years. :good:

Cat.

I hope they both get as much pleasure out of clay shooting as I've had over the years. :good:

They will probably get much more out of it Cat, after all, they are winning stuff and important stuff to boot :blink:

At least they get to split their petrol bill and servicing costs two ways :good:

Sparing a thought for the non-CPSA, PULL reading fraternity on here :good: some of you might not have seen that the Essex Masters 2011 is already being advertised:

Running from Wednesday 6th - Sunday 10th April its 200 birds again, £75 entry, CPSA classes and the option to shoot all 200 on one day or split them between two days.

They have also added a Promatic Team Challenge whereby teams of 5 individuals (who are already shooting the Masters) can sign up for an extra £20 to stand the chance to win a promatic trap and pallet of clays. There are some limitations; only one AA or AAA class shooter per team and a minimum of at least one C class shooter but it sounds like fun!

Never been to an Essex Masters but the dates are looking good as the annual trip to California is scheduled for the weekend before so i might just have to book in for this one! :lol:

Nick, I have shot this shoot for the last 5 years and it's always a good shoot it's setup to please everyone. If I had a moan then I would ask them not to use as many coloured clays cause they are hard to see sometimes.

Why dont you setup a North Masters with your contacts at worsley :angry::innocent:

Regards K

Nick, I have shot this shoot for the last 5 years and it's always a good shoot it's setup to please everyone. If I had a moan then I would ask them not to use as many coloured clays cause they are hard to see sometimes.

Why dont you setup a North Masters with your contacts at worsley :angry::innocent:

Regards K

Now thats a good idea!!! from Auntie

They tried, but failed miserably, 2 years on the trot, the NOE Sporting Championship, a total mess on both occasions. :innocent:

Ask Chard, he was scoring, the Essex boys gave him some serious grief. :angry:

Cat.

The Essex boys were probably just disgruntled, having just paid their CPSA subs and then having to stray North of Watford Gap.

I reckon Worsley could put on a major shoot. It would almost certainly be better than Southern Counties and no worse than Lakenheath.

The Essex boys were probably just disgruntled, having just paid their CPSA subs and then having to stray North of Watford Gap.

I reckon Worsley could put on a major shoot. It would almost certainly be better than Southern Counties and no worse than Lakenheath.

Different Essex boys.

Apparently these must have been mad and bad Essex boys because they happily joined the CPSA and drove up North

Of course it could, they've got a pretty good ground, not perfect but a Northern replica of High Lodge, it's just that the general standard of organisation was abysmal, they screwed up, sad really. :angry:

Cat.