George Digweed - 110 yard teal

soreshoulder

Having got back into shotgun shooting after a long spell rifle shooting I have to say this guy can shoot a bit! We watched him at the Midland last year and he sure does make it look easy. Having said that the Wife, and I a few years back had a lesson with Duncan Lawton, former world Champion and all round local nice guy. These guy's are awesome, how can you steer a gun while looking over someones shoulder, tell them when to pull the trigger and dust it every time?

There's good and there's very good!

atvb Paul.

I have shot with him and loaded for him a number of times! He is like machine he puts 100% it to his shooting game and clay... some like him some don't but one hell of a shot!!! :blink:

16? times world number one says it all :lol:

I would love to try and see somebody load for him in a grouse butt ,it would sure be a tight fit.

If thats what full time clayshooting does to you in the size department,then Ill give it a miss .

Yes he is a true great shot but as with all sports it comes down to funding and time and practice.

Without a question there are shots in the UK that could become a Digweed or a Lewis Hamilton ,but will never reach there full because of money and time.

Eggy could outshoot him .

Cheers OTH

I would love to try and see somebody load for him in a grouse butt ,it would sure be a tight fit.

If thats what full time clayshooting does to you in the size department,then Ill give it a miss .

Yes he is a true great shot but as with all sports it comes down to funding and time and practice.

Without a question there are shots in the UK that could become a Digweed or a Lewis Hamilton ,but will never reach there full because of money and time.

Eggy could outshoot him .

Cheers OTH

Agree with all of the above.

Edited by Shotgunspud

Personally, I reckon the guy is an absolute "one-off" legend.

There may be other talented shots who don't get the chance to fulfil their potential but they would have to be exceptional to get near Digweed. He's earned the right to utilise all his sponsorship and endorsements through winning all there is to to win and then winning them all again.

He's similar to Phil Taylor the Darts Legend (similar shape too!) in that he keeps on raising the standards and achievements bar.

His record over the years will never be matched.

Let's appreciate him for the true champion he is and give him the praise he deserves.

p.s. I heard he is a decent cricketer who appeared in Wisden for taking 9 or 10 wickets in an innings. Anyone else hear that?

Bit of a vicious circle with this as if you don't win you'll never get "proper" sponsorship, especially nowadays. Without sponsorship the costs to practice and compete can be prohibitive in many sports. However, George put the miles in for those early victories - I was talking to an old mate the other day who drove round all those shoots in the 80's with him (old Cortina I think?), picking up the odd prize here and there of cash or cartridges.

He has phenomenal talent (as well as a ruthless winning streak) and deserves the highest praise for his achievements. It's not like he was ever going to be a marathon runner who only needs shorts, vest and trainers to go and compete!