airsoft

rogh shooter

There is a group that play around in Dover somewhere and also they use the MOD complex at Lydden just outside of Dover, looked into it but OH MY GOD, geeks with guns spring to mind, they all dress in cammo and ghilli suits with blue and pink guns etc due to the violent crimes bill and replica guns shooting millions of plastic balls from battery powered guns only to hit someone 500000 times but if you have no honour you can cheat as you have to be honest you were hit. Other than that all good fun.

EDIT:- the same group also use fort Amhurst up rochester way which is more your neck of the woods.

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

Got invited to a day out doing Airsoft by someone at work. He was really enthusiastic, knew I was ex army and that I had shotguns so "It will be right up your street"

Jesus, Talk about scary. Imagine all the fat bullied kids at school in too tight camo gear and dripping in heckler and koch replicas.

All talking about their replica weaponry as though it were real.

All mocking one another if their "loadout" (replica uniform and headwear to you or I ) was historically incorrect. Spent the day running around with a replica AK47 (real wood and steel and not dissimilar from the real thing cosmetically (apart from the batteries and motor in the stock.)

firing plastic ball bearings at one another. (They sting and leave a welt.)

People tend not to own up if they are shot. (Cos you then have to walk miles to a marshall to be put back in the game) so the shooting has no effect and the ball bearings are expensive?!

Pretty pointless in all and heaven forbid if any of them get their hands on real weapons.

All the weapons I saw were very realistic and most were metal with genuine sights/holo/red dots on them. Not sure How they get round the imitation firarms act? There were thunderflashes and smoke going off aswell.

Left me wondering what the attraction was really. (One lad was telling me he had spent a thousand pounds on his replica rifle, all I could think was "mmmm :hmm: silver pigeon money that!"

good luck if you enjoy it pal, I reckon they're a bunch of ******* personally, was getting a mod made for my benelli a while back when this cammo'd twit walks in to shoot the breeze with the owner, he mentions me and the work he was doing for me, the cammed up twit thinks it's for a BB gun and asks "does it shoot BBs then?" "oh yes" i replied " and lots of other sized shot". I thought he was gonna have a coronary or something when i showed him it was an FAC riot shotgun.

Also a few on the airrifle scene, like to get dressed up to shoot metal HFT targets, All loonies :hmm:

hi guys

been reading up on airsoft and it looks like massive fun.I live in colchester/essex and can really find anywhere to do it,I was just wondering if any of you guys are into it and could give me any tips on how to get into it.

many thanks

You wont find anywhere in Colchester to do it mate, most blokes I know up there are Airborne not airsoft :hmm:

Edited by chrispti

There was a kid at my old school who was in to it, He used to ramble on about how his plastic gun cost £500 quid and he had an S&B scope. I got a very long run of detention and restricted break times for repeatedly taking the **** out of him :hmm: but it was worth it :good:

I can understand its fun messing around with your mates, but the full on tactical assult formations and stratigic planning I hate

Edited by Edward

Went paintballing for a lads birthday a while back, all great fun and a few nice scars but nothing tactical/double-tap about it. But as we were arriving a bus load of 10-45 year olds with full dpm, (anything from 95s to that digital tosh... even a few in artic kit) replica guns that looked more like guns than mine do and full comms setups to 'play' in the woods we were using.

The thing that pushed me over the laughing limit was that some of them had berets on, complete with para cap badge etc.... that was just odd.

Send a PM to Bob300w

He doesn't post on here much nowadays but was heavily into airsoft if I remember correctly. He should be able to help you out. :good:

Yeah, he is old enough to remember the days before the name change from "Airflaccid" :good: :blink:

A fellah I used to know ran one of them laser wargame places for stags and the like at the weekends. Anyway one weekend some local airsoft outfit took the place over. They had all the rifles and each one had a pistol for back up and they all had bayonets and k-bars on their webbing, talk about tripped out.

Needless to say he made them take off the knives before they went anywhere. It was all a bit too much for him to watch grown ups running around with toy guns.

There was a guy here in Ireland who was really big into it, but he took it a little too far he joined some Croat neo nazi mercenary group ended up in Bolivia to launch a coup against the government and was shot dead when the police raided their hotel. Some fellah s take this stuff a little bit too far.

Edited by deeksofdoom

Love the last post :blink: :good::good:

These aircocks really are a waste of skin, a local retard goes playing it, I thought he was in fancy dress the first time I scoped him :good:

I've just moved house and was going to ring the estate agent to find out why he hadn't mentioned a lunatic asylum nearby :oops: Imagine a phone call to 999 "Some nutter in an Action Man costume is in my garden, Officer "