Baikal

Fisherman Mike

Ive been offerred a near mint SBS 12 g boxlock ejector by a nice lady near me who bought the gun some 12 years ago to take up clay shooting but tried it once and didnt like it. The gun has had less than 100 carts through it and is in showroom condition.

She only wants £50 for it and I am sure it is worth more... I am honour bound to offer her a fair price ( as that is my Philosophy.. reap as ye shall sow and all that)

As I stuck 25 quid on West ham to beat the Gooners at 9/2 I feel able to make this magnanamous gesture. ( Yeeeeha !)

Question is whats a fair price ? and does anybody have one of these guns. I understand they are the Skoda of the gunworld. The guy at my local Dealers said thay will outlast guns 20 times the price but if thats the case why are they so cheap.

Cheers..

FM.

Baikel...... Break concrete with it all morning and then enjoy an afternoons shooting !! ???

They went out of production for a while, one friend has one of the early ones and another friend has got a newer one, you can change the barrels over and they fit each others guns like a glove.

Same design, nothing complicated, they just work. Good gun for little money.

They just weigh a bit more than others.

Go for it ???

FM,

I would have said a 100 quid was a fair price. I used to work for Sportsmarketing who were at the time sole importers of Baikal shotguns. You will not find a more reliable gun anywhere. The internals of a Baikal rival anyones, they are solid and well built.

The biggest problem we used to work on was the O/U ejectors as they used to eject early and the cartridge would hit the breech face.

I wish I still had mine.

"Break concrete with it in the morning and shoot with it in the afternoon" and if the outboard doesn't start on the way home from wildfowling you can always row with it.

Cheers

MC