Tail docking ban

henry d

I hope all the BASC members on this site have received their cards to send to their MP`s,telling them to support an exemption for working breeds under the Animal Welfare Bill.

If you aren`t a member and own or indeed wish to own a working dog then please write to your MP.

I`ll try to get a link for you. http://www.basc.org.uk/content/lobby_your_mp_now_to_supp

there you go!

Really makes you wonder which misguided cretins really believe that NOT docking a working dogs tail is in its best interest. This certainly isn't an issue that has been agreed with input from sensible working dog owners, the vets who see them suffering as a result of not being docked, or any other sane organisation. Probably another highly expensive goverment quango !!!

Typical of this government to push through yet more pointless legislation while ignoring the problems that the British public want to see addressed.

The irony is that a working dog has a far more fulfilling life than some couch potato mutt living in a high rise yet it's health interests are not worthy of proper consideration.

Come the revolution brothers !!!!

post-13-1138968989.gif

Edited by old rooster

sent mine this morning, no doubt the government will still push for a ban, i just hope the emergency services and forces voice their objection as well.

ps. old rooster, hope you dont mind, ive got your avatar of your pup as the background on my phone. it cracks me up every time :thumbs: ;)

sent mine this morning, no doubt the government will still push for a ban, i just hope the emergency services and forces voice their objection as well.

ps. old rooster, hope you dont mind, ive got your avatar of your pup as the background on my phone. it cracks me up every time :thumbs: :lol:

Am I bovvered ?, do I look bovvered ? ;):lol:

Go ahead Clint, make my day.

Might take a few more piccies as the little b*gger grows up.

Sorry to go back to this one, didn't have time to do it justice last time.

What we must be very aware of is that this is yet another cynical ploy by the government to try and convince the general public, who are unaware of the truth behind the campaign, that they are in favour of law changes in the name of humanity. It's spin on spin and just not good enough !!!!!

There is no substance in the policy, no cruelty is involved to the dog, it is, on the contrary cruel NOT to dock the tail of a working dog. This isn't only my opinion but one stated by ALL the authors of the gundog training books I've been reading. These people are acknowledged experts in their field and the practice of tail docking is well established in this country.

I don't advocate uneccesary cruelty to animal or human but it's really rather ironic that certain barbaric, non indigenous practices are still allowed in this country.

Consider that young males in some religions can expect to have their foreskin ripped off in a ritual mutilation that they have no say over. Doesn't that grossly infringe their civil liberty or human rights to choose for themselves ? It isn't a medically required procedure but nobody raises a murmur over that because it's a religious mutilation. For some reason we don't allow some african races to follow the practice of female circumcision, another case of skewed law.

We come back to the old chestnut of Halal butchery, I make no apology for this, it is not British and not acceptable.

It's about time we really took a stand against the gross misconduct of this farcical government and got back on track with a proper agenda based on protecting the rights of us Englishmen and our families to pursue traditional passtimes and lifestyles ! They will all be gone within a couple of generations if we don't stop the rot now, all we will have is a muddled country full of immigrants ranting about their rights to do what they want despite our established traditions and feeling totally justified to preach racial hatred on our streets.

We don't need "diversity" our existing practices already give us that, we have a very rich heritage, what we truly need is for people who come into this country to integrate within our society and abide by our rules. It would of course take some governmental backbone to implement the changes needed so don't hold your breath !!

I emailed my MP and had a written reply. He was fair enough basically saying that were not happy with the bill being passed allowing for things to be brought into law at a later date without another vote. Not really sure what he was getting at but he neither supported nor went against a tail docking ban.

All in all typical politicians answer, waffle without saying anything conclusive. Still at least he knows my opinion on the matter.

To return to the topic.......................

Anyone who doesn't know who their MP is can find out here:

http://www.writetothem.com/

Well got my reply back to day from my MP in a very nice envelope stamped House of Commons

I emailed him asking for his views on The Docking of tails for working dogs and not for cosmetic reasons also informed him that it should also be done by a registered vet ect ect. and informed him of the reasons why.

Living in the heart of Lincolnshires Farming Community one would think that our MP would have had a better reply than this and I quote

"I dont believe in any form of animal cruelty"

Yours Sincerely

Tapsell

Good to see they know what they will be voting for :/

And may i just say Mr tapsell MP

I don't believe in any form of animal cruelty but what i do believe in is looking after my dogs

You thick *******

Also the land i hunt for rats and Rabbits has dozens of sheep some with bad limps from the ground giving way due to the rabbit warrens/Holes

Lambs that have to be kept inside because of Fox problems

Yours very ****** off at stupid MP

Slipster

Good to know that the views of the electorate are being considered by our lack lustrous leaders then.

Don't suppose it will come as much of a shock to many.

The writing is on the wall, please make sure you read the small print before the countryside as we know it is reduced to a swathe of set aside farms with no field sports allowed!!