cz 452 22lr cleaning

silpig5

as title , how often do you need to clean a 22lr using winni subs ?

as a beretta shooter im a bit lax on cleaning and i know rifles need a little bit mor tlc.

i have had a prob with waxy ammo , but im resigned to the f act i have to sit in front of tele cleaning umpteen rounds before i go shooting.

light oil every time ? strip and oil occasionally ?

please give us some tried n tested pw advice . :blush:

cheers

adi :blush:

as title , how often do you need to clean a 22lr using winni subs ?

as a beretta shooter im a bit lax on cleaning and i know rifles need a little bit mor tlc.

i have had a prob with waxy ammo , but im resigned to the f act i have to sit in front of tele cleaning umpteen rounds before i go shooting.

light oil every time ? strip and oil occasionally ?

please give us some tried n tested pw advice . :blush:

cheers

adi :blush:

im sure you will find the overwhelming response to your question will be that you dont need to clean it much at all.

I have read some comments from folk who havent cleaned them at all with no ill effects, but personally I prefer to give it a very light cleaing after a shoot (but thats just me)

Leave the barrel alone - dont bother with solvents / brushes etc etc as you dont need to. Every now and again I will pull some swabs through dampened with gun oil until they come out clean.

All I do after shooting is give it a wipe with an oily rag, and I usually take out the bolt and give that a wipe also. Have a look at the extractor claws at the front of the bolt and if necessary give them a wipe or light brush (old toothbrush will do.

with the bolt out you can pull your oily rag through the action (or toothbrush with a bit of oil on it and also give the breech a bit of a brush as that is where the majority of any muck will be.

I use Eley subs in mine and have found it to stay clean for a good while and the rounds are not too waxy like I have heard the winnie to be.

ATB

shaun

Just a wipe over with a lightly oiled rag after each use.

Pulled an oily cloth through the barrel the other day just cos I was bored but have fired about 5000 through it and no adverse effects. Use mainly winnie rounds and find them a little waxy, and use a tooth brush on the extractor claws, but thats about it. Don't bother wiping them off before use.

Wipe over after every outing with the oily rag,clean bolt and receiver,cleaned bore once this year with the bore snake,using eley subs :blush:

Same here, clean the bolt and wipe the gun down with a rag every time I put it away. Barrel gets a brush through or boresnake every now and then. Same with the HMR, only difference is I store the HMR with the mod off.

Had mine for a while now and only specially clean it when it has been out and got wet.

I can't say the barrel has got dirty, and I have used Eley, Winnie and RWS.

Mine does get grit in the action, but I do quite a bit of woodland shooting, so I can explain it that way.

I use an old tooth brush with some WD40 and work it around the action, and that seems to remove all the problem bits.

I also strip the bolt every few months and give it a complete wash out, but that's just me.

I apply a thin smear of copper slip to the bolt before use, and find it makes it very smooth.

Hell im worried i allways spray leiga up the barrel ,once through with the brush , swabs till clean last one with oil , and all over metal work with light oily rag, woodwork with walnut oil and bung up the breech to stop excess oil getting to the wood , Even if not used a light squirt down the barrel ,quick wipe and wipe the wood with walnut oil rag Once a week and thats pcp's , shoties , rimmy i never loose zero but im thinking im a little obsessive OCD help