Here's my new Benelli, what do you think?

Jamesnns

It's carbon fiber.

It does have a unique look to it.

I think it looks lovely.

I use an older Benelli but I shouldered an M1 the other week in a gun shop and fitted like a glove. It came up to me eye every time.

I've had an eye out for a synthetic semi and this looks lovely but guessing it is out of my price range unless they are available second hand.

Do you mind saying what you paid new or used?

I wouldn't want a plastic one. Wood every time! :good:

[you did ask!]

It's made from carbon fiber, not plastic. But I do understand the attitude about it.

I'll agree that wood furniture looks much better, but my goal is to reduce weight as much as possible and still retain quality.

The Beretta is a good example of a fine wood finish and quality.

But at $3700 US, too much $ for me.

UGB-Gold-trap.jpg

Edited by Jamesnns

I think it looks lovely.

I use an older Benelli but I shouldered an M1 the other week in a gun shop and fitted like a glove. It came up to me eye every time.

I've had an eye out for a synthetic semi and this looks lovely but guessing it is out of my price range unless they are available second hand.

$1800 US new.

I saw one used at $1350 US

Guest cookoff013

just bought the m2 without the comfortech. i saved a bundle o notes, that i intend to put through it asap (either as patches or cartridges.) :good:

i bought the 24" as will be skeeting with it.

I bought one of the carbon fibre supersports two weeks ago and I am well chuffed with it! :good::yes: A really nice gun to shoot. OK, it looks very different from my wood Browning, but then that is what appealed to me. Enjoy it sir, just don't tell everyone how good it is or they will all buy one - then they will be common! ;):lol::good:

Edited by Bloke

Looks great to me, I've fancied Benelli for some time, I think they look great and I like the idea of less parts to clean, but I've heard their fussy on what cartridges they take so I've never made the leap.

Mine shoots 28gm and 24gm no problem, I've tried Eley, Kent, Hull and English sporter, and last weekend I put the best part of a box of Eley First 21gm through it without any hang-ups, although I have heard that this isn't always the case. The demo gun at Doveridge seemed to shoot pretty well any old thing, but that is obviously well run in. I was told to run a few boxes of punchy 28gms down it and it should be ok, but to be honest why use 21gm in a gun like this? It is not as if recoil is going to be a problem and the more lead in the air, the more chance of breaking the clay if it is on the periphery of the shot string. Of course for those of us that hit them dead centre every time..... :innocent::shoot::shoot::lol::lol:

Edited by Bloke

Identical to the one I got last year. Superb for wildfowling & pigeons. :good: I find the inertia system more

reliable than any gas operated system [not had a jam using 28gm 7.5s up to 3"magnums] cant say that about any other

semi-auto I have owned.

Regards the WOOD v PLASTIC :P comment in one of the earlier posts--its horses for courses-- I have a wood stock 32"

Browning which I use for clay shooting----It would get in some state ,out wildfowling.

ENJOY YOUR SHOOTING WITH A GREAT TOOL.

Check my profile sig and you will see my opinion is that they are superb guns.

I am on my second benelli, a Supersport and I am very happy with it. The Supersport has a carbon fibre effect, however it is made from Technopolymer, as believe all Benelli Synthetic Stock guns are - aka form of plastic, not carbon fibre....

The gun handles very well, minimal recoil and patterns very well.

http://www.benelli.it/Articoli/Famiglie.asp?IDTipo=1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it looks lovely.

nice browning and handles great :good:

I've been shooting Benellis for years, lovely to shoot! You made the right decision!

Observations from behind mine, a Benelli Montefeltro like this one http://www.benelli.it/Articoli/Armi.asp?ID=59

Praise:

+ No gas parts to clean

+ NO GAS PARTS TO CLEAN - too many years spent scrubbing SA80 pistons with Scotch-brite...

+ The chromed internals are an ingenious delight to behold, and dead easy to clean

+ Cycles anything from 24g upwards

+ Light and slim without all the gas gubbins up front, feels great to hold

+ Lovely finish

+ Really nice walnut on mine

Niggles to watch out for:

- Benelli are well known in the UK for being a bit short in length of pull. Worth double checking the fit before purchase, the synth stock comfortechs come with a range of spacers allowing adjustment but even then aren't quite enough if you're broad of shoulder like me. However, there are aftermarket pads of various lengths available to fit your model if this is a problem, limbsaver cover the Benelli range.

- The recoil action is a wee bit sharper on the shoulder than a gas cycle auto. Not an issue with the comfortech though!

- Mine doesn't like some cartridges with short brass heads, e.g. 6mm heads means ejection problems from time to time, 10mm heads are fine though. Funny one that.

- The chokes on mine aren't a gas tight fit from end to end (just from below the threads) unlike the newer Berettas, so can get pretty mucky! This may have changed since then though, I've had mine a few years.

- The sling swivel in the fore-end nut on mine is badly designed, if you use a sling regularly the not so hard wearing alloy around the swivel stud erodes with use. The result is a rattling stud which can be very annoying. They should have made that bit from steel. Surecycle do all steel ones http://surecycle.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=44&idcategory=5 but sadly they don't export to the UK.

:)