Cheap and cheerful Munch for the hide

fletcher1234565

If you get 2 pork 8 sausages of your choice and untwist and cook like a jumbo sausage roll a tortilla wrap around it then wrap it tight in tin foil like a cracker and slide a couple in to a flask and take a flask of beans separate ,just a idea if you like know more about what you are eating and tastes of what it should :good:

Quick and decent food for the hide on cold days.

5 mis on the camping stove and your done

Put in some Black pepper and it warms you up a treat.

Sorry but for me this is the worst kind of food you can get :good: every bit of it is orrible mass produced c^*p and mechanicaly reclaimed meat, i would rather go hungry, very hungry.

Cook decent sausages and bacon the night before. Then chop them up, leave to cool and put in the fridge.

When out in the hide (or beating!) warm up the beans slowly - stirring often, when they are just about hot enough, take them off the cooker and leave them to stand for 3/4 minutes (thickens the sauce), then add the sausages and bacon and put back on the heat for another minute - again stirring.... Food of the gods!

I do this for my boys when we go beating - EVERYONE looks on in envy with their cheese and pickle sarnies!

Absolutely disgusting stuff! :)

On Saturday on the midday break from beating I boiled a litre of water on the Kelly Kettle, made a coffee, poured the rest of the water over some fresh pasta parcels containing riccota cheese, boiled them for a few minutes then set them aside. In the other pan I emptied a plastic bag containing some chopped onions, mushrooms and choritzo that had some olive oil, pepper and basil added in the bag. Fried them for five minutes on the embers, then stirred in a satchet of red pesto sauce, drained the pasta, added it all together and inside twenty minutes I had a wholesome hot meal that doesn't taste like schite. :good:

Edited by UKPoacher

When I'm in a Pigeon hide I'm too busy shooting Pigeons, not trying to prepare an A La Carte delicacy.

Stick to sandwiches and soup, and if things are a bit quiet, pour the soup and start munching a sarnie, I guarantee there will then be birds everywhere, always works that way. :blush:

Cat.

When I'm in a Pigeon hide I'm too busy shooting Pigeons, not trying to prepare an A La Carte delicacy.

Stick to sandwiches and soup, and if things are a bit quiet, pour the soup and start munching a sarnie, I guarantee there will then be birds everywhere, always works that way. :)

Cat.

Very true - also if you want more birds, take your mask off and step out of the hide without the gun and in they come :blush: