Getting the Chat Room To Work

Teal

I get as far as the first page.

I wait and wait........nothing happens.

I even went and made a cup of coffee.................still nothing happened.

It can,t take 10 minutes to load the Chat Room.

When I first go to the page, I get some flashing about, but nothing else happens.

So I must be a "dummy".

hmmm must be something wrong with the settings then, sorry for calling you dummies but from where I am it appears to be working fine, I just don't know what can be wrong, egnwt also managed to log on.

Out of curiousity please try this and let me know if you have any problems: http://www.tropicalfish.site5.com/chatapplet.htm Thanks and apologies :unsure:

Okay well their chat has been up over 2 months (they have 4,000 members!!) and they still run it, and so i presume they have had only few problems. So it must be some java issue as you say I'll briefly check up on what could be causing it.

Can’t help with that YP, but I have a question once you’ve entered your Nickname is it registered to you or can anyone use it , I got in with no bother

No its not registered you can register it by when in the chat typing: To register a nickname type: /msg nickserv REGISTER your-password your-email-address

Example: /msg nickserv REGISTER bumblebee me@me.com

This will mean you have to input your password every time you login but you will be assured no one can steal it :unsure: