Which Rotary

Moors Man

Hi Everyone

As a relatively new pigeon shooter I am looking to buy a rotary. I have looked round and there seems to be a massive range and even bigger price range (from £60 to £200+). Are there any that people would recommend and which features are most useful. I would prefer to have artificial decoys as done have anywhere to keep frozen dead birds.

Thanks for the advise.

My advice would be to buy from a reputable Retail outlet, that way if you have any problems you have a good chance of getting them sorted out.

There are a lot of cheaper machines available, but they can be a lot of trouble.

UKShootwarehouse that advertise on Pigeon Watch have a good quality range and are reliable.

Agree with Cranfield, but I would also add that it's a good idea to get one which is reasonably light, as a new pigeon shooter you will soon discover the amount of kit we tend to take to the hide is heavy and bulky.

You say that you would prefer to use plastic birds on it but don't limit yourself to a machine that does just that. You may not have somewhere to store real birds as decoys but you could always put a couple on after you shoot them. I tend to start off with Hyperflaps and see how the birds react, every day is different, and change to real birds if I think they will work better.

What about a flapper or a rotorcoy? I don't have any electronic stuff, but I am sure I will succumb eventually. However, I dislike carrying more weight than I have to so perhaps something lighter like a flapper may be a better, and cheaper option. After all, you want to create movement in your pattern, in whatever form?

Just a thought.

I too am interested in getting a rotary, have been looking at the andy moss ones, research has said they are heavy but strong

has anyone else got experience of these?

I've had one for a couple of years, strong and reliable and good back up service. We bought two, after a couple of months we noticed one was draining the battery very quickly, called Andy and without hesitation he sent out a new motor which we fitted ourselves.

Only criticism is the weight, they are a little heavy; But on the same token very good value for money.

I've had one for a couple of years, strong and reliable and good back up service. We bought two, after a couple of months we noticed one was draining the battery very quickly, called Andy and without hesitation he sent out a new motor which we fitted ourselves.

Only criticism is the weight, they are a little heavy; But on the same token very good value for money.

Yes I have heard his after sales care is also very good, everyone bangs on about the weight of them but how much more heavier are we talking? it can only be a few lbs difference not like carrying an extra bag of cement or anything?