Decoying carry bag

I am now getting to the point where I need a decent carry bag for my decoying equipment, I have been using several small bags and I have now run out of arms to carry them all.

Can anyone suggest a good large carry bag to carry deeks, magnet, cradles, poles, netting, seat etc?

I thought maybe a bag I could carry rucksack style would be best.

Mark.

I put all my hide poles, floaters, rotary device and shooting stick in a "quiver", I made.

My spare cartridges, rotary battery, food, drink, binoculars, string, knife, decoy pegs, radio and mobile phone all go in a large bag.

My nets and decoys go in a haversack net bag.

However, I am rethinking this, as it could be contributing to the flock, coming off some of my decoys.

They do seem to get rubbed, by the knots in the net.....Poofy things. :unsure:

The old rubber decoys are perfectly OK.

I might get a kitbag and see if that protects them more.

Cranfield mate i've been using flocked decoy's all through the last wildfowing season and so far been out 30+ times this year on the pigeon's.

My deeks get i'm ashamed to say very abused in certain conditions i have never had any problem's what so ever with the flock de-laminateing & be rest assured they get stuffed into all sorts of kit bag's @ 5oclock in the morning on the geese,& @last light on the pigeons when my evening meal & a glass of wine is calling.

Were did you get your's from as mine as seem to be superia qaulity to your's.

Mine "moult" around the tail and under the wing tips.

Even my latest, super duper, looks more like a pigeon than a pigeon, ones. :unsure:

I don,t think they like getting banged about in the net. The shells are the most vunerable.

Although the "super duper", is a full bodied with wings.

Cranfield,

I'm a bit surprised by your last couple of postings, and have to be bound by the pigeonwatch 'traders ethical code' here...

If the shells you bought from us have the flocking coming off, please return them so we can have a look and refund your money.

If not, please post where you bought them from so people at least are aware of potential problems.

Cheers. :unsure:

I haven,t mentioned on this Forum where I bought my flocked decoys from.

However, I have already stated twice, that it is possible they are being damaged on my net bag.

If I believe the problem is the responsibility of the supplier, I will discuss it with them.

Thank you for expressing concern.

I use a 'Diawa' open topped fishing rod holdall for my hide poles, lofting poles, rotor, floaters, etc. It has a fishing brolley pouch on the outside that is a perfect fit for my gun. It has another pouch that takes my folding tripod seat.

I have a large Napier ranger rucksack that takes my nets, shell decoys, cartridges, rotor battery, food, flask, etc. Outside pockets for radio, binoculars, knife, etc. I tend to leave the kitchen sink at home these days! :)

The rucksack has a waist belt that helps to take the load and the rod bag has a wide comfy strap. Makes humping the gear any distance a lot easier. :unsure:

The very best bag for the job is without doubt an ex-army rucksac...

The modern ones are cammo. The side pockets are large and detachable, and one of them will double up for use as a great cartridge bag. The rucksac has adjustable side straps attached to the bag, great for hide poles, gun ect...

They are as tough as hell, they have to be...

Loads of other pockets for all your bits and pieces...

Cost around £35.00 the best investment a pigeon shooter could ever make...

All the very best...

GARY...

Gary,

I looked at the ex-army bergan style sacks before I ended up with my Napier. They did indeed look the bees knees and I was ready to part with cash. I asked the guy at the surplus store how much and was gob smacked when he asked for £80! I said they looked like they had had a hard life and the price was a bit steep. His comment was "If you don't like it, go somewhere else". So I did, I got my Napier from the CLA game fair for £60. It's a similar size with more pockets and is made from waterproof realtree saddlecloth. :unsure:

Tony, you seem to have met a "customer unfriendly" chappie. :)

Our local "Army Surplus" store has a wide range of olive green and cammo rucksack/bergens from, 25litre capacity £23-£25 to 100 litre capacity £83-£87.

So they are out there.

There are also some on the Internet, just put "Army Surplus" into Google and they will appear. :unsure:

I don't visit our local army surplus store anymore for that very reason. If the CLA hadn't been just a few weeks off then I would have actively searched one out elsewhere.

They also had some really tasty 'summer netting'. I imagine it was dessert camo but it looked really good. Lots of 'bits' attached to the net to break the scrim up. That too was some stupid price.

I also wanted some olive drab paint for my rotor and some other bits. He wanted £25 for a litre tin claiming it was 'anti radar' paint. I've never hear of stealth landrovers before and pigeons don't have radar so normal paint would have done the job! :unsure: Ended up with two spray tins from my local model shop for a fiver!

army surplus store kit bag not ruck sack ten quid and for deeks att.....h surplies net typebag with shouder straps about £30 i can get 45 full bodies in this which i weighed and 12 dead birds are the same weight so you choose(you cant beat dead birds though)and bag for flask an eats,o and small radio for footy on sundays come on you leeds..tony go to car paint shop and get paint mixed up called cammo green and ask for it to be a flat colour,no gloss :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
i BOUGHT ONE FROM TARGET SPORTS BOLTON

01204496008. iN IT i GET 20 SHELLS AND 12 FULL BODIED DECOYS SEAT CAM NETS WITH OUTSIDE POUCH FOR POLES,

AND IT HAS 2 CARRY SHOULDER STRAPS. iTS VERY HANDY :lol:

:/ Please don't tell me you paid £45 for it...ouch!