Wireless Remote for clay trap

djgeoff

hi all i have to try and repair a one our clubs Laporte traps, it has a wireless reciever attached to it which is blowing internal 3amp fuse when wireless transmitter is press.

before i go diving in to it i just thought someone on the pw might know what the wirring connections should be, or even have a circuit diagram.

i have an idea the wirring into this unit has been ripped out at sometime and may have been wrongly reconnected.

i have no other info at the moment as i am not due to tackle this until sunday morning.

any help would be nice

regards

geoff

The remote is just a simple relay activation that then releases the clay the same as wired trap if possible try and get the trap working manually then tackle the "remote" without seeing more of the insides difficult to tell la porte should be able to give you a wiring diagram and advise on what the issue even if the trap is out of warranty

The remote is just a simple relay activation that then releases the clay the same as wired trap if possible try and get the trap working manually then tackle the "remote" without seeing more of the insides difficult to tell la porte should be able to give you a wiring diagram and advise on what the issue even if the trap is out of warranty

yeh i thought it might be along those lines,i know trap works manually so theres got to be an issue with the reciever, thanks for ur info

i will have a play tomorrow.

cheers

Simple enough

There are 3 wire from trap to remote

Positive

Neg out

Neg return

The remote control closes the 2 negs to make a circuit, it requires *** to power up.

If you have 3 pin duraplugs,

positive to the middle pin (earth)

Neg out to neg

neg return to ***

easy enough to check which is which with a test lamp or meter.

have a circuit if you want it, can email it to you

kermit the frog

thanks for all ur help i solved it:

remote fob triggers relay which makes / connects two wires going to trap.

It turned out that someone had been messing around with the multiplug

and connected the return to what they thought was earth because it was coloured green yellow ( thats form the makers for trap).

but all it done was to create a dead short *** neg.

now the two plonkers who messed with are now blaming each other lol

Interesting thread this one.

I have about 6 Laporte wireless remotes. None of them work very well (in fact as we speak they are all ******** ) Anyone got a any information about what regularly fails on them? Bought 3 new hand controls a few months ago and they failed within a week. Laporte seem as helpful as a chocolate fireguard. Err let us have them back, no we don't do wiring diagrams, the chap who does them is out today etc.,

FRom what i can tell a garage door remote (N/O relay) would do the job....I have never really looked at clay trp wiring but it's 2 wires!!! hardly complex! I would guess the remotes are generic units they buy in open them up and google the info on the PCB (they should have some detail on them freq etc) do you have to "pair" new remotes?

the morris ones aint much better, ive had to repair a fair few of these.

i made my own for my traps although they dont work out that cheap, all the bits add up.

if it is of any use to anyone, i had a button fail on a RF remote, and RF solutions as i recall quoted £70 for repair,they do not supply buttons.

but i did find makers of these buttons please see below

These are in the ISR range,momentary action,screw thread,green actuator and solder lug terminals. with membrane covers

Ray Adams

Apem Components Ltd

Drakes Drive

Long Crendon

Buckinghamshire

HP18 9BA

United Kingdom

 E-Mail sales@apem.co.uk

 Phone +44 (0) 1844 202400

Fax +44 (0) 1844 202500

 Web : www.apem.co.uk

the down side is i think there min order is 50 and they are not cheap, i was lucky Ray sent me 2 free of charge

Buttons are available from RS online, look on the web, or from Morris Electonics for a few quid.

We have about 12 Morris sets, and though they are not bomb proof they have proved very reliable. Have never had a problem with a receiver in 8 years, the transmitters occasionally play up. Important to keep the wet out, if in doubt open it and dry it out!

Our main problem is when they are collected in, they are laid down and any weight pushes the button and flattens the battery, have told the helpers but!!!

Recessed buttons are available if you ask for them when you buy them, of you can retro fit them, just a bit of soldering.

You can now have the sender in a die cast box for it bit extra, and they are VERY good.

kermit