Paddy Galore!

Hmmmm, my 686 is getting loose

just noticed the action on my old 686 is not as tight as it should be, now i heard somewhere that berettas are awkward to re joint, anyone had the same issue? The locating holes in the barrels are elongated, how much of a bitch is it to get fixed? Any advice?(other than selling it on or binning it)

Thanks in advance,

gram

Barry Simpson at Newmarket showed me hi 682 ... something like 200,000 on the clock and he'd had oversized studs fitted and as solid as new.

Apparently Beretta do a couple of larger sizes for such problems

GMK should have the oversize trunnions in stock. You can also replace the shoulders on some Berettas too (where the wee screw is on the barrel lugs)

Should do the trick for you.

I have a 30+ year old 680 skeet, rattley slack open and as tight as a drum shut and it has never been touched. I would not dare guess how many thousands have gone through it.

I always lightly grease the trunnions and barrel recesses.

Barry Simpson at Newmarket showed me hi 682 ... something like 200,000 on the clock and he'd had oversized studs fitted and as solid as new.

Apparently Beretta do a couple of larger sizes for such problems

They also do oversize locking pins. When My 682 was loose I swaped the two studs around while I waited for the spares to arrive. It worked that well I only replaced them two years latter.

The trunnions, pins, pegs, or whatever you wish to call are the sticky out round bits the barrels locate on to. The ones on Beretta's are replaceable to allow for wear.

The oversized ones should do the trick.

The parts you need are:

2 off of no. 25

1 off the "horseshoe" locking pin ( I think no.42 in the diagram)

Both are available in oversize for worn guns.

PM me if you would like the diagram emailed.

post-21067-0-80031800-1289936918.jpg

The trunnions, pins, pegs, or whatever you wish to call are the sticky out round bits the barrels locate on to. The ones on Beretta's are replaceable to allow for wear.

The oversized ones should do the trick.

No mate, didn't mean them bits, i meant the two small pins that lock the barrels shut.

The parts you need are:

2 off of no. 25

1 off the "horseshoe" locking pin ( I think no.42 in the diagram)

Both are available in oversize for worn guns.

PM me if you would like the diagram emailed.

thanks for that, much appreciated, all i need id the locking pins :good:

Dont listen to what anybody has said Graham . The gun has had it ,bring it round to my house and I will give you a tenner for it .

Harnser .

OOH! you wish :lol:

Once again PW comes to the rescue, the gun is going in to be done, at least i know what it all entails now, thanks again guys.

atb,

gram

I've done mine myself got the parts and fitted new stub pins up one size and new bolt also up one size snug as a bug now! Really easy if your a bit handy. ;)

part number 25 the little transoms apparently can be poped out wwith some heat and swaped round to take up any play, well thats what the gun shop who brought my old one done and is now as tight as new

Mine unscrewed with an allan key :good:

Also swapped them around and the gun tightened nicely. The new ones were supplied unpolished and took about a year to get around to polishing them before fitting.

Does anyone have or is anyone able to take measurements of the locking lugs/latches please? 

I am in need of oversized locking lugs/latches - item 29 in this below schematic (The horseshoe item mentioned in the previous posts).

https://www.brownells.co.uk/Schematics/Beretta/Shotguns/Beretta-686-Silver-Pigeon-Competition-Schematic#29

I've a fairly old gun so don't know if this has already been performed already or not.

I see replacement lugs are available in 0.15 or 0.30 oversize, so I would be interested to know what the critical dimensions are of the original and oversize parts are for comparison.

Thankyou for any assistance.

Steve 

E store Beretta is the cheapest place I've found for spares. Also always worth checking that if you swap your trunnions from one side to the other,if you can get them on the bit that does not wear. Not always possible but great if it is.when you take the trunnions out you will see the part that's worn shiny. Unless your gun is off the face your trunnions should be ok.

Link

http://estore.beretta.com/en-

Edited by figgy