Boar Shooting in Croatia 2010

Mungler

I have just had the honour of shooting in Croatia with Boy George, Quentin Crisp and a couple of top guys off here.

More photos to follow....

Here's a piccy of Boy George relaxing in the back of the tour bus.

MiffyGeorgeSmall.jpg

Here's one of Miffy belting out a number when we got back to the lodge for karioke.

BoyGeorgeSmall.jpg

Here's a piccy of Quentin Crisp in contemplation of what his next fashion statement will be for the following drive.

DougyCrispSmall.jpg

Here's one of Dougy, gathering himself on the steps of Heathrow airport before we set off.

QuentinCrispSmall.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Left to right running through trees at speed and at about 75 yards. Through the scope I was seeing tree, pig, tree, tree, pig, tree, tree, tree and then a gap. I pulled through to at least a foot past the boar's snout and pulled the trigger. It hit nice and clean and the momentum of the boar carried it about another 10 yards and then it nose dived into the leaves.

Steyr Scout tactical in .308, Swaroski PVI 1.25-4x24 with illuminated circle dot reticule and using Federal Vital Shok 180 grain Barnes MRX. Photography by Dougy. Chuffed to bits.

DSCF1077.jpg

Thanks Mr Mungler,

My guts were still in pain for all the laughing Sunday night, A pity you didnt manage to shuv the loo paper back through the whole on the dispenser.

Its a pity some people in the world are complete plonkers, next time i go i will take some rope a bell a large flashing light sign posts with arrows saying

"BOAR THIS WAY" and a spot on the Boar saying shoot here, oh! and training Boar to sit on command while a shot is taken.

But really if such plonkers did not go then we wouldnt of had such a laugh at there expense.

anyway thanks whoever you were your names seem to have slipped my mind oh dear, And no i wont be getting a pink hat :no:

here's mine well just ONE of my 2, i also shot a fox that we were told to shoot, there was no photo, possible a bann if i had of done.

The boar's i shot were running allot faster than Mungs and a smaller target, oh and mine were in fact allot further away, the one possibly 600 yards away, :lol: cant be exact because i forgot to take my range finder, and i got poked in the eye with a twig moments before :rolleyes:

a fantasic week end thanks for the company, to all :good:

post-2987-0-34606500-1289905676.jpg

Thanks Mr Mungler,

My guts were still in pain for all the laughing Sunday night, A pity you didnt manage to shuv the loo paper back through the whole on the dispenser.

Its a pity some people in the world are complete plonkers, next time i go i will take some rope a bell a large flashing light sign posts with arrows saying

"BOAR THIS WAY" and a spot on the Boar saying shoot here, oh! and training Boar to sit on command while a shot is taken.

But really if such plonkers did not go then we wouldnt of had such a laugh at there expense.

anyway thanks whoever you were your names seem to have slipped my mind oh dear, And no i wont be getting a pink hat :no:

here's mine well just ONE of my 2, i also shot a fox that we were told to shoot, there was no photo, possible a bann if i had of done.

The boar's i shot were running allot faster than Mungs and a smaller target, oh and mine were in fact allot further away, the one possibly 600 yards away, :lol: cant be exact because i forgot to take my range finder, and i got poked in the eye with a twig moments before :rolleyes:

a fantasic week end thanks for the company, to all :good:

Time for me pack up and take up chess or tiddly-winks - it is truly amazing what an old girl can do with a decent air rifle fitted with an oversize moderator - 600 yd pigs :lol:

How did Miffy get on?

Don't ask. He didn't see or shoot. But he took it like a grown up and without any bleating or crying, unlike other participants that:

1. saw and ignored (personal choice)

2. saw, shot and missed (personal inability)

3. saw, shot and clipped (personal inability)

and who then moaned like biatches. They are wild animals and nothing is guaranteed. People who want guaranteed should consider sneaking into a local zoo....

Stuart you need to get things sorted for next year and hopefully we can arrange a group with no unknowns. I saw and shot nothing at all but these things happen and personally it makes not much difference to me if i shoot or not. Facts are though that i had a really good time and haven't laughed so much in ages. The new accomodation was excellent, the new shooting grounds are equally as good, saw plenty of deer and the 3 stags that passed between me and Mungler were magnificent. I spent a couple of hours up a high seat but unfortunately a poor choice of rifle scope meant i couldn't shoot despite the fact that boar were in front of me.

I am already looking forward to next years trip and if i have half as much fun as i have this year then i am really not bothered if i don't shoot again.