• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 years later...

Well Dougy/Mung et al,

I'm off this Thursday so am hoping there are some to shoot, but shooting aside I reckon it will be a good trip regardless of anything else.

I know who's going :rolleyes: but I don't think they are bringing the same hats this time, at least I hope not :|

I know you and your gang are going the next week so I'll try and leave a few of the smaller ones for you :rolleyes:

We have a day on the farm and two days in the hills so you may have it the other way round, if so, due to the rain recently, make sure you have some waterproof boots.

If it all works out I'll be back with some piccies, if it doesn't work out, I won't know what to do. :/

Eddie the only thing I haven't finished planning for is the weather.

The first year I went it was 3' of snow and getting back for Xmas an issue :lol:

Other years it's been t-shirt and shorts weather.

In essence I need to know what to pack, so a full report as soon as you can please squire.

Shoot straight and be safe

I was going to get a pink one from Weston, but allas I am obviously not in the same class as the great white hunters as have been mentioned ( nearly ) they were mega bucks, I thought they got them from Blackpool LOL

Mung I will pack some special provisions just in case:-

Batteries, mixed sizes.

Boot laces, various colours,

Hi vis vests, Bright Yellow, ( being colour blind I find orange blends in with the forna too well ;-) )

Cupa soup,

Salt, just in case they don't have any left.

Marmite, for flavouring.

Ear plug's just in case it gets a bit noisy at meal times.

Dogy bags.loads of....

Reloading equipment, just in case we run short of the mighties.

Loo roll for external p00, s just in case one manages to sneak past the pork bung.

Oh! I am so looking forward to it ;-)

Pork bung :lol:

I was actually thinking of packing a bag of Costco prunes.

I am however bringing a toaster - I need to find a catering one with a euro plug.

Marmite - good shout, I'm bringing Sandwich Spread then.

They do a special Marmite with gold in, I might treat you all to a jar, sandwich spread, that takes me back to the olden days, lovely stuff.

How about a bread knife cut the rounds in half, less stodge, its a start.

edit.......

don't worry about the plug, miffy will wire it up the the light socket for you no problem

Edited by Dougy

Just scored a brand new 4 slot Kenwood toaster off the bay for a score delivered. Well worth it. Mmmmmm toast.

They're not small you know, are you going up market this year and having a special aluminium sports box exempt from your baggage allowance jobbie similar to Lord and Lady Palmer for this toaster ???

It's bulky but as light as you like. I am more concerned that it's going to look like something that goes bang, under an airport scanner.

How many rounds you taking bearing in mind that apparently there is now a zero range available.....

Didn't know that.

200 then. Lol

There are no darts there so if we want to play we have to take our own. Its probably too late to ask them but the place could do with a rubber mat under the board.
The toaster is an excellent shout, I will get some marmalade. Frank says bring tea bags but then he always says that
At the moment the weather is mild and wet, but with any luck this cold snap wil hit there as well as here.
I would check.max allowances Dougy I have a feeling it may be 40 rounds, might be a good time to actually read through those emails ;)

I have sent the last one to you all.

There are no darts there so if we want to play we have to take our own. Its probably too late to ask them but the place could do with a rubber mat under the board.

The toaster is an excellent shout, I will get some marmalade. Frank says bring tea bags but then he always says that

At the moment the weather is mild and wet, but with any luck this cold snap wil hit there as well as here.

I would check.max allowances Dougy I have a feeling it may be 40 rounds, might be a good time to actually read through those emails ;)

When are you going?.

I will donate some Humber's Homemade Marmalade, and drop it around to Huffhuff., courtesy of handlbar

Naaaa! Be a rite, I'll put a load down me socks, put a few in toothpaste tube as well, could put quite a few in the toaster !!!

Yea good idea.