cz 452 laminated thumbhole stock

sharkbait

I wanted a thumbhole stock found some from £250 for a laminated one on the net. Spoke to Edgar Bros they said retail price is £275 from there dealers, but you might get a bit of discount.I found it cheaper to buy a new rifle and part exchange my 5 year old .22 Varmint.

Neither local or <that> cheap but have a look at Richards Microfit in the US - they do what you want, and will ship to the UK.

But you need to be patient, very patient...

patience is the word took 8 months for my marlin stock?

KW

Try Paul Day at www.laminategunstocks.com

or www.laminategunstocks.co.uk.

I've got a laminated stock in rosewood and maple on order for my Cz 527 Hornet at a cost of £200.

I like the look of the thumbhole stock for the Cz452 at £235.

Alan :good:

Edited by willy1

I am 99% certain he buys his from Richards and sells them over here, he even uses pictures off their website

Here is what mine ended up like with a RMF Tack Driver stock

post-2157-1224935593.jpg

Be prepared to do some work though, this is what it looked like when it arrived

P1010350Medium.jpg

P1010351Medium.jpg

I've just checked Richards web site and it's the same as Pauls even down to the discription and the amount of work that MAY be needed.Needless to say, they are a lot cheaper from the States!

Alan :)

I am 99% certain he buys his from Richards and sells them over here, he even uses pictures off their website

Here is what mine ended up like with a RMF Tack Driver stock

post-2157-1224935593.jpg

Be prepared to do some work though, this is what it looked like when it arrived

P1010350Medium.jpg

P1010351Medium.jpg

She looks very good! Would it be possible to get it delivered to, (or bought by) someone you know in the US and then get it posted here as a cheaper/quicker method?

ATB :good:

Edited by CZ452

I've checked the price of the stock that i've ordered from Paul Day in the UK (£200, that includes a butt pad,and sling swivels)),against the price from the USA and it works out at $216.if you add the carriage and possible tax payable this end,it works out as cheap if not cheaper. :good:

She looks very good! Would it be possible to get it delivered to, (or bought by) someone you know in the US and then get it posted here as a cheaper/quicker method?

The delivery isn't the issue, it is the fact they mainly cater for US shooters (Rugers and Rems) so CZ's and the like are special order.

The delivery isn't the issue, it is the fact they mainly cater for US shooters (Rugers and Rems) so CZ's and the like are special order.

That cz looks very nice dunk,I admire someone that can work with wood,ide butcher it something chronic! The stock came in quite a state,I had paul finish mine so it came in a "bolt-on" condition . Well done again.

That cz looks very nice dunk,I admire someone that can work with wood,ide butcher it something chronic! The stock came in quite a state,I had paul finish mine so it came in a "bolt-on" condition . Well done again.

Is that Paul Day? if so, how much extra did he charge to finish it?

Alan

Thanks, now you mention it I do seem to be naturally talented :smartass:

It was a lot of work, and after the wait I didn't want to get it wrong, but having said that the satisfaction seeing it done and using it are worth the effort IMO. I should have logged the number of hours it took - next time....

I've just got off the 'phone to Paul Day,and he imports the blanks from the USA,and then shapes them for customers.he buys the blanks from the same place (Rutply.com) as Richards Microfit Gunstocks.He will only import ready shaped stocks for obscure rifles.He also provides a fully finished service for around £120 extra.

He's given me a lot of advice on finishing the inletting,and on getting the shaping and final finish on the stock.I'm really looking forward to getting my stock(2nd week in January?) and doing the work.

If all goes well,then I shall be looking at getting another stock,this time for my Cz.22WMR,been quoted £235 for a laminated thumbhole stock.

Edited by willy1

i mean how hard can it be! :hmm:

i new someone who said that :good: hes only got three fingers now :oops:

Ive got a friend whos moving to the states next year, i will get him to order me some and ship them over.... got to be worth a play around in the workshop / front room! after all how different is a stock to a cricket bat? lol