Show us your favourite photo.

Frenchieboy

Two things made me start taking a camera out with me when i go for a walk with a gun through they permission's, the first was joining this forum, some poeple take some of the most amazing photos and i have been inspired to take some of my own, and the second was when i was younger whilst in the depth of a warm summer day i had been rabbiting and was just about to cook two rabbits on a small beach allong the river when i decided to go swimming, i was floating down stream, thinking that if someone looked now, i could easily be mistaken for a otter, i began swimming upstream when i saw the most amazing thing, i stoood in the river and whilst i watched i saw a loan deer cross the river, its elegance as it swam over came over me, im no deer stalker, but after it crossed the river, i just had time to run and put my wellies on and i followed the deer for the best part of 20 minutes accross my permission before it spotted me and bolted, that is one memory i will never forgett, and i will probably never have such a perfect day ever again, when i cooked the rabbit and ate it, it tasted so much better for how hungry i was and for having such a perfect day. I have not seen a single deer yet this year, its not all about shooting animals, understanding them is all part of the adventure, and some times watching them is just fasinating- excuse the spelling :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC_0268e.jpg?t=1290275485

I hope that works? Taken on my holiday with the family to barbados, they were munching the mangos out of the garden. got some others I want to find but this is one of my favourites!

Edit to say taken with a Nikon D40 with a kit lens, was only about 10ft when that was taken :D

Edited by maverick123

Just a quick one, those that have put pictures up can you also say what camera you took them with?

Are they all taken with D-SLR`s or are they compact regular digital camera`s ?

Cheers :good:

mine was taken with a panasonic Lumix dmc fz38.

It was taken on the auto setting,and the only thing i have changed on the photo,is that i have removed two flies off the face of the deer.

Quick question. Does the type of camera make that much difference? I would like to get some shooting photos but as said in other post, i'm rubbish with the camera. My mrs has got a 10M pixel digital thingy. Would that be good enough to get some decent snaps?????

Obviously if you use a DSLR then you have more control over how the photo is taken but there is no reason why any reasonable quality Digital Compact Camera would not take some excellent photos. Many of these "Point and shoot" cameras have a lot to be said for them, especially for those that feel that they do not have a "photographic eye"! Much of how the end result looks like is down to the photo editing software that you use. I use Photoshop Elements which is excellent but there are plenty of free photo editing programs around that will produce more than adequate results!

Take the camera out with you and have a go mate, you might surprise yourself my friend!

Cheers Frenchie boy, i think i will put the camera in the bag tomorrow morning and just give it a go!

I am always thinking what wonderful things we get to see out in the country and wish i could document them in a photo. I'll see how it goes and maybe post a few. Hopefully not of my thumb! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: