22.250 any info

choke it

Go for it mate and enjoy.

If you are going to shoot any centrefire rifle (even .223) then get a sound moderator fitted or get some good ear defenders, you will damage your hearing if you don't.

I would recommend that you put in plenty of time on the rifle range BEFORE you even think about shooting at anything living, no matter how tempting it is to take it owt and try it.

Not much difference in ammo prices either and you will need to get more than one brand of ammo so that you can try them all through the gun to see which groups the best, thats is if you are not going to reload.

Reloading for .223 and .22/250 costs about the same and is a much better way of getting your rifle to shot accurately.

I know you wont regret buying a .22/250

Sod all PRACTICAL difference.

Yep, the 22-250 is slightly flatter trajectory.

BUT the 0.223 is nicer to shoot.

Nowt in it for accuracy, no matter what some 22-250 guys say.

I have owned both calibres, and reloaded both.

Lot of difference if you are brave enough to shoot a 22-250 without a moderator. As the saying goes "You gets used to the noise eventually - it simply means that you are going deaf".

Yer pays yer money and takes a choice.......

Dead eye would you continually shoot a .223 without some sort of hearing protection?? I Know i wouldn't.

Not sure that any .22/250 guy has said that the .223 is LESS accurate than the 250

I have also owned both calibres and loaded for both.

With a sound moderator there is no noticable difference in shooting either calibre and both are pleasant to shoot.

:(

Out of Curiosity .............Why would folk have a .223 AND a 22/250 :lol:

Just to Stick my oar in..........Loads of second hand 22/250s on the market but as for a .223 there like rocking horse **** or were when I was looking to buy over a year ago...........I wonder why :lol:

At 150 yd Zero on a .223 simply put crossair on killzone from 75yds to 200yds .....what do you want :(

Ive

Nope Miffy

Sometimes it's all a question of fashion.

Sometimes it's nice to say that you've got something different.

After all, if new calibres weren't invented we wouldn't have anything to argue about.

I remember being deadly smitten by the thought of a 0.17 Rem. That tiny 25g bullet whizzing out at 4,000 fps. Shooting dead flat out to phenominal ranges.

So I bought one, and at the same time had a 22-250. No moderators allowed then, and the 0.17 was a distinct pleasure to shoot. But, the 0.17 was badly affected in a high wind, and it did require more accurate bullet placement (difficult in a high wind).

So, I sold them both and bought a 0.223 again.

Never regretted it - apart from the fact that it was nice to boast about the tiny 0.17 bullet whizzing out at 4,000 fps, and the 22-250 had more 0oomph than the 0.223.

I liked the 22-250, but for me (my preference, even if some do disagree) the 0.223 is easier to shoot.

The 0.243 is awesome against foxes, but the local plod won't let shooters have one for foxes. "Overgunning".

I am pleased really, as I would buy one, and then go back to my 0.223.

"You pays yer money and takes a choice" I am not going to criticise anyone that has a22-250, or 0.17 Rem, or 6mm, or 0.240. It makes the world go round.

Just that I think that the 0.223 is better.

Spot on GEMINI its on my ticket now and i'm just waiting to buy one now.

I've only got the 250 but i have had a .223

I have also got my mates .223 on my ticket as i reload for him and i needed to use the rifle to get the right load.

Just had a look on york guns website and they have got 14 .223s for sale and 14 .22/250s for sale so not much difference there. :lol:

Buy which ever calibre you are happy with and learn to shoot with the rifle before you shoot at any live quarry.

:(

nothing wrong with .222

i like it, i would have had one if the Howa was produced in it.

unfortunatly it wasnt, and this reflects quite a few manufactors.

you wont be disapointed with it, its near as makes no difference to the .223 (maybe 200 fps difference max)

the .222 also tends to come in slower twist rates (1:14) so wont agree with a heavy bullet like a .223 with a 1:9 twist rate might.

what mod and scopes would be best for this kit?????????

Whole new questions

Whole new set of unwanted opinions :( :lol:

For that cannon you want a T8 or a PES T12 (but only if you want the best ;) )

Scopes, that one could run for weeks, so I won't even go there other than you will proably want a zoom of some sort, get the best one you can't afford - don't skimp.

what mod and scopes would be best for this kit?????;)?

Whole new questions

Whole new set of unwanted opinions :( :lol:

For that cannon you want a T8 or a PES T12 (but only if you want the best ;) )

Scopes, that one could run for weeks, so I won't even go there other than you will proably want a zoom of some sort, get the best one you can't afford - don't skimp.

two questions not to ask on this forum

mind you you didnt ask if it was ok to shoot a fox with a rimfire, thats a fav. ???