'Rotary' Batteries

Deako

What type of batteries do you gents use with your 'magnet' type devices, and how long do they last?

After much arsing about with little 7 amp hour things, we've changed to 85 amp hour leisure batteries that last for about 30 hrs........but weigh a ton. :D

I'd be interested to know what you use and how long they REALLY last.  :thumbs:

Mine came with the rotary device and is a 12V rechargeable.

The longest I have used it non-stop with dead pigeons on it (weight factor) is 10 hours and it was still going strong.

Before I went away for a month I decided to run the battery right down and then recharge it completely, this is recommended.

Without the arms on, I placed it in a vice in my cellar and turned it on. It took 80 hours to run down. Now I stress that this was not under any loading at all.

Its not really heavy, about the same as a couple of boxes of cartridges.

It comes in a waterproofed canvas bag with a shoulder strap.

No Problemo. :thumbs:

:thumbs: I've got a simular thing for lamping rabbits, it powerd a million candle lamp  and never dimmed.

I've also had it powering all sorts of things inc. a pump for blowing up air-beds and starting petrol engined models.

They are avalible from most model shops, are gel filled, so there are powerfull and light... 8)  8)

I use an 18amp battery, which lasts about 10 hrs. The battery is about half the size of car battery. This is the second one that I have had, as I used a car battery charger on the first one, & not a dry cell charger. This burnt out some of the cells. I also have a very small 7amp battery ,which I picked up from the Game Fair, for a fiver. If I'm only going out for a few hours I use this one.

How complicated is it to run two items from one battery ?

Do you have to splice wires and stuff, or are there gadgets that you can buy ?

I don,t want it too complicated as I,m not too bright. :thumbs:

I,m pretty confident that my 12V battery could run my rotary device and a pecker or flapper.