CPSA Safety Officer Course

JonD

I did it at Bisley earlier this year. 40/40 in the written exam...top of the class :D

As others have said, mainly common sense, most of the answers are covered in the classroom session, the rest you will know anyway if you have a few year's experience clay shooting and have soaked up a bit of the knowledge on this site. It is pretty well paced, and you will pick up some interesting practical info on running a shooting ground / club / business. Nothing too heavy, quite a fun day really. If you fail, you shouldn't own a shotgun never mind be a safety officer. You will spend some time outside on the practical sessions though so dress appropriately. Good luck...

Diceman,

Well done, excellent result. :yes:

As a matter of interest, who organised this course?

Cat.

CPSA Safety Courses are arranged by the SE Region CPSA Committee.

This has a Technical Representative ( thats me in the SE - each CPSA region has one) - responsible for all courses in the region and safety audits, layout registration etc.

In the SE we have a team of Senior Tutors working with me, and Paul Rendell is the Senior Safety officer organising the Bisley run Safety courses, as well as Referees courses in the SE Region.

I run Competency, Instructor Development Workshop (L1), Coach Development Workshop (L2) and Level One Instructor modules. Level two modules and all assessments for multi-day courses are arranged nationally through HQ.