Socks?

paulf

I suffer from bad circulation and thus this time of year my feet suffer, particularly at work as i wear steel toe and midsole boots.

Can anyone recomend a sock that is warm and lasts more than a couple of months, at the moment I wear a thin cotton sock with a heavy cotton sea boot sock over the top. This keeps my feet realativly warm but the sea boot socks always shrink and are terible to put on.

when your next on holiday in Canada, fill your boots (no pun intended :P) at Marks Work Wearhouse, bought cracking socks, fleece lined jeans and thick water proof fleece they are keeping me warm through this cold snap!

Failing that probably thick socks and those slip on things for inside your boots sockets or something, their good...

The real key to using wool socks effectively is to wear a liner sock under them that wicks moisture away from your skin. Much the same as layering under a jacket. Some guys think this is fluff, but in the backpacking, flyfishing and hunting industry it has been well known for years. Cotton is the WORST thing to have next to your skin, whether trying to stay warm or trying to stay cool in the heat. It traps the moisture and holds it there next to your skin. A wicking liner sock moves the moisture out to the thicker sock.

Check out a backpacking store for some polypro liner socks, then use your good wool socks over them. If you do not have enough room in your boots for the heavy socks, then you've got another issue, but at least get rid of the cotton.

I've used them and sold them for many years, and they work.

Good luck.

Pete

Brasher 4 Season - Excellent socks - not cheap but the best never is!

http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=1908

I suffer from bad circulation and thus this time of year my feet suffer, particularly at work as i wear steel toe and midsole boots.

Can anyone recomend a sock that is warm and lasts more than a couple of months, at the moment I wear a thin cotton sock with a heavy cotton sea boot sock over the top. This keeps my feet realativly warm but the sea boot socks always shrink and are terible to put on.

Pop in to travis perkins and try a pair of there Black builders socks, abt £4.00, I have 2 pairs and they are very warm,

They are layerd and 2.3 tog (that is what it said on the packet)

TEH

Someone's already kinda mentioned it but I would recommend a thin runners sock or even two pairs with a decent thicker sock over the top - keeps them warm and also supports the skin around the foot for circulation purposes - you can usually pick them up at Aldi's for a bout 4 quid or any sports store. I used to use that method on my motorbike when I had race boots in the winter.

I Purchased a pair of the heatholder socks, i was very sceptical as they were only a fiver. They say they are the first sock to achieve a tog rating (2.3 i think), i wore them on sunday and was very impressed. So much so i have gone and bought another 3 pairs.

4 pairs for the price of 1 branded pair, a bargain in my book.