Recommend me some aftermarket lights

CZ550Kevlar

I have a Vauxhall Frontera on "P" plate, at the moment i have a pair of ring lights installed in the centre on the front bumper which aren`t working so i`m looking at removing them and installing something new, i have the side rails on the roof and was looking at a lighting bar option, the other option was a lighting pod i spotted on that auction site with 4 x 55w rectangular lights fitted into an ABS plastic pod which sticks onto the roof, the other option is just replacing the existing ring lights and re-newing the wiring. Also i want to fit 2 front fog lights as i miss having them in poor weather and also i find when lamping fogs tend to shine lower to the ground and spooking less of the wildlife.

If anyone has some recommendations it would be appreciated, i suppose 55w lights will be fine but 100w lights would be good too as only really being used off road but i suppose using 55w ones i could use them on the road too and should be bright enough.

I made one of these at work when I had my Fronty :

small_bar_2.JPG

Wiring from the lights runs into the tube, then through a hole drilled in the centre of the mounting pad. I used 2 30A relays in parallel to fire them up.

As for wattage - just make sure the wiring and fusing are specc'ed up accordingly. Current = watts / volts

I have a Vauxhall Frontera on "P" plate, at the moment i have a pair of ring lights installed in the centre on the front bumper which aren`t working so i`m looking at removing them and installing something new, i have the side rails on the roof and was looking at a lighting bar option, the other option was a lighting pod i spotted on that auction site with 4 x 55w rectangular lights fitted into an ABS plastic pod which sticks onto the roof, the other option is just replacing the existing ring lights and re-newing the wiring. Also i want to fit 2 front fog lights as i miss having them in poor weather and also i find when lamping fogs tend to shine lower to the ground and spooking less of the wildlife.

If anyone has some recommendations it would be appreciated, i suppose 55w lights will be fine but 100w lights would be good too as only really being used off road but i suppose using 55w ones i could use them on the road too and should be bright enough.

best recommendation is don't bother with any of them, a hand-held lamp is all you want for lamping at night. Only slight exception is if you are shooting rabbits with shotguns but not many people bother these days due to the noise nuisance. A lightbar just gets in the way