fox calibre

flash

Flash for the price range your talking, you will do well with the CZ 527 .223 :D:D:D

The .222 is being fased out, but their is not a lot of difference in the two calibers, the .223 is a few hundred feet faster and has a 1 in 12 twist, compared to the .222 which has a 1 in 14. So the .223 can fire a far more veriety of ammo then the .222.

The 17hmr, is fine for foxes if the shot is taken below 100 yds.

Hope that helps. :lol:

Link below of the CZ web site and the CZ 527 .223:

http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&idp=3&ids=9&idz=30&lang=en

Edited by Frank

Depends on the terrain you are shooting over. If you do alot of lamping then most of your shots will be under 150 yards (many well under) and a Hornet or 223 will be fine and pleasant to shoot. If you shoot in daytime over open terrain and may take some long shots then a 22 -250 may be better although louder with more recoil than the 223 unless you fit a moderator. Don't be temped to use an HMR on Foxes it is not a Fox calibre and he deserves more respect, I have one and a 223 and would not turn the HMR on one.

Edited by JRDS

We have been out with our standard .223 and a moderated 22-250. The 22-250 is a hell of a weapon and very quiet with the moderator on, we shot 5 over 600 acres in one short session and I believe it was because of the sound moderator. And as you may well know spend your money /dads money on a crisp scope, more important than the rifle, in my own opinion

ive never found a moderator effects numbers, infact i find that foxes come to the sound of a shot (albeit just watching from a safe distance..... or not :D )

but for the 22-250 i would certainly want a mod on it, they are bloody noisey.

Nick, from my own experience, i agree with this 100% mate. :D