.17 HMR

deejay

Hi Guys .

Decided today to have a walk around my permission just for the fresh air ,I didnt expect anything with the weather being what it is .

Anyway as I was trudging through the foot and a bit snow with my .17hmr I caught sight of a rabbit at the foot of the bank .So wound up my scope to range it ,this give me a reading of approx 120-130 yards .I have a drop chart on the side of the rifle for me to use as I am new to all the figures.

I clicked it in 4 times for the 120 yard as stated droped onto my front and extended the bipod ,this may I say brought it just above snow level .

I got the rabbit in my sight ,inhaled and squeezed the trigger .....just amazing ,what a sight to see as the rabbit flipped ,twitched and lay lifeless in the snow .I stood there watching for a few seconds taking in the shot .I went and retrieved the rabbit thinking maybe a body kill or neck shot ,but it was a clean shot and hit exactly were I aimed .

Cant wait for more shots like this .

I later before setting off home I ranged it with the range finder and it came up 127yards .

Fantastic .

CZ 452 VARMINT 16" BARREL WITH TASCO 6 X 24 X 50 AOEG (bit too big and will be getting sold soon).

I used the 17grain blue tips .

post-12014-0-02318100-1291137505.jpg

post-12014-0-50497800-1291137543.jpg

post-12014-0-68043600-1291137558.jpg

post-12014-0-83184000-1291137571.jpg

:lol: If I put a dead rabbit on the coffee table like that I would get castrated before I could whistle "Dixie"! :lol:

Nice shot mate, the more shots you take with the Hummer the more it will surprise you with it's capabilities. They are (In my opinion) one of the most underated rifles of all! :good:

they will all have jumped ship in the house as it cooled :good:

Thanks for the reasurance .I might isolate it.Or blame the dog

As for the xmas tree ...well if she had her way it would of been up last month ,however I did allow her to put that one up last week but only in the conservatory.

We do now have the two up though as she put the other one up while I was out at the weekend .

Darren

Thanks for the reasurance .I might isolate it.Or blame the dog

As for the xmas tree ...well if she had her way it would of been up last month ,however I did allow her to put that one up last week but only in the conservatory.

We do now have the two up though as she put the other one up while I was out at the weekend .

Darren

Don't worry Darren. Mrs. FrenchieBoy wanted to put the Christmas Tree and decorations up last week but I put my foot down really hard. I insisted that she should not put any up till after my FEO had been yestarday - After all he is such a brainless richard head I didn't want him to feel to comfortable! :no::no::no:

Mind you, if he sorts out my FAC for the 243 before Christmas I might send him a stale minced pie! (Then again, I might not) :lol::lol::lol:

Great photos, did make me laugh. Id be so dead if I did that!!! Got to love the HMR. I took it for a spin on Saturday, saw a flock of Woodies on the field at around the 150 yards mark. Got settled into a big pile of wood (was near the farm yard). Judged distance at the 140 yards mark, 2nd mil dt dowen on the Falcon Menace, hit it smack in the middle. A few weeks abck I shot a crow at 150 yards, sat in the middle of the field.

I love my 22.250 for different reasons but I still love to get our with the HMR, dead on accurate (with no wind, no recoil adn very little noise (In comparison)

Enjoy it!!

:shoot::shoot: Bloody Hell, Darren has managed to hit something AT LAST! :shoot::shoot:

Dave Shall I let you know how it felt then .ha haha .

Thanks chaps I just so look forward to a few more like that .I love the .22 but also for different reasons and that it mainly used for lamping .

Darren .

Forgot to mention Dave ........On the way home I also hit a wall ......two things on one day is good stuff .

:shoot: What wall and what did you hit it with,not the motor i hope! :shoot:

Yeah I was in the landy and this turkey came along with his big nissan patrol thing ,and he must of decided that hogging the middle of the road wasnt enough for him ,so he came over onto my side .Which happens to have a wall running along it (his side was the footpath),anyway thought he would of slowed or moved over a bit but he didnt ,I managed to miss him and lucky for me as I swerved to avoid him the wheels just slid and I hit the wall.

The wheel took the brunt of the impact and as I was going pretty slow anyway it had only knocked the balancing out.

No major damage .

Darren

Don't worry Darren. Mrs. FrenchieBoy wanted to put the Christmas Tree and decorations up last week but I put my foot down really hard. I insisted that she should not put any up till after my FEO had been yestarday - After all he is such a brainless richard head I didn't want him to feel to comfortable! :no::no::no:

Mind you, if he sorts out my FAC for the 243 before Christmas I might send him a stale minced pie! (Then again, I might not) :lol::lol::lol:

Mrs Frenchieboy :lol::lol: .

Too be honest I dont know why my wife is so excited ..........I spent all her xmas present money on the new :shoot: above .

But then again I not told her yet .

Hope he sorts out your fac asap too .

Regards Darren